Complaint Review: Ashley's Furniture Homestore

• Submitted: Thu, December 11, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, December 17, 2008

• Reported By:Knoxville Tennessee
Ashley's Furniture Homestore
11051 Turkey Drive Knoxville, Tennessee U.S.A.

Ashley's Furniture Homestore Poor customer service, paid in full, still no furniture, dishnest business practices Knoxville Tennessee

*Author of original report: Refund

I purchased a bistro table from the store on 9/22/2008. As of today, 12/11/2008, I still have no furniture. When I call the strore, I am transferred to a customer service call center in S. Carolina. There, you must leave a voice mail, and they say they will call back. I have called weekly since week 4, and i have received 2 calls from them.

When asked about the whereabouts of my table, they make up all types of excuses. I am usually told that my table isn't on the manifest, but I should get it in a week. I was even told once that they usually don't post deliveries until they are on the truck, but she found mine, and I would get my table in November. That was bs. It's December now. I've even been told they have no idea where my table is, and even been given this excuse, "it's the economy". Right.

I am beginning to think there is no actual table. I paid for it in full at the time of purchase, so I do own it. But they don't have it. After speaking to the GM of the store last week, she told us she would personally see to it, and call us today, it would be on the maifest, and it would be delivered this weekend. Well, no call. So, we called her this afternoon. I was put on hold for a great long while because she was on the other line. The person finally came back on and told us the GM just left the store because of an emergency.

I told her I had had enough, and I didn't want any furniture from them, and to refund my money. She started talking manifests and let me transfer you to customer service crap to me for the 100th time, and I said no. Give me my money now, please. So, she transferred me to another voice mail, who was gone for the day. There is zero accountability with this store. I filed a complaint with the BBB, where I then found out they gave them an F rating, for the exact kind of complaints I am making. Hind sight is 20/20 Buyer beware.

If you plan to buy furniture that you can actually use in your home, do not go to this store. All you will be doing is making a huge donation to their voice mail fund. They are crooks and liars. They need to be investigated.

Ripped off
Knoxville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2008 08:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashleys-Furniture-Homestore/Knoxville-Tennessee-37934/Ashleys-Furniture-Homestore-Poor-customer-service-paid-in-full-still-no-furniture-dish-400523. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashley's Furniture Homestore

Refund

AUTHOR: Ripped off - (U.S.A.)

My purchase was refunded in full the next day. I'm glad I got the money back, but it was a hassle. I've only had this type of experience with this particular store. I've bought many items from an Ashley's in another city with almost zero hassle. This particular Ashley's Homestore in Knoxville has many current disgruntled customers. Apparently, no one is getting their furniture at this time.