Complaint Review: Ashworth College AKA Pcdi

• Submitted: Fri, April 18, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, August 10, 2005

• Reported By:Lakeland Florida
Ashworth College AKA Pcdi
430 Technology Parkway Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

Ashworth College, AKA Pcdi pass off out dated business material for you to "learn" from Norcross Georgia

*Consumer Comment: I agree that PCDI is a rip-off

*Consumer Comment: PCDI was decent to me

*Consumer Comment: What Course are you in??

*Consumer Comment: My books are fine

I have to agree with the first two entries on this report. Pcdi is a horrible long distance education.

I signed up for a small business course with pcdi. Upon receiving my materials I didn't at first notice the copyright date of my books.

After only three lessons I realized that all the material they are providing is extremely outdated. A business book printed in 1998 holds no benefit in the year 2002. The fact that they are using such old material and selling it as beneficial materials is rediculous.

After the third lesson I canceled and now I owe some outragous fee. I am refusing to pay until I talk to someone about the scam they are running. Well, needless to say no one will talk to me or return my calls.

But you better beleve they call me once a day wanting there money.

They may have other "good" courses, but from what I've seen from this company is that they do not care about you or your education. All they care about is there MONEY!!

I hope this helps others out there not to get caught in the same scam.

Todd
Lakeland, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2003 02:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashworth-College-AKA-Pcdi/Norcross-Georgia-30092/Ashworth-College-AKA-Pcdi-pass-off-out-dated-business-material-for-you-to-learn-from-No-53415. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashworth College AKA Pcdi

I agree that PCDI is a rip-off

AUTHOR: Darla - (U.S.A.)

Took the Medical Transcription course through them and what a joke. I'm working now but only because I went to another school. Had I done my work the way PCDI told me I would have never gotten a job and most companies don't recognize it as being a "real" school.

PCDI was decent to me

AUTHOR: Karen - (U.S.A.)

I see alot of complaints in referrence to PCDI. I myself enrolled in the program. I did it through the mail. I had no problems. I did what was expected of me. The one thing I did think took way to long was grading the test. Each test took 4 weeks. However, I have graduated with a 95% and recieved my diploma. I started out as a IC and now I have started my own company. If you take what you learn and drive forward to find a company that will hire you, you can do it. It takes alot of searching and sending resumes but they do hire you and you can do it if you learned anything. The tapes they give you are slow but intedened for learning purposes. The in no way shape or form sound like real world dictation. I learned how it all worked once I got out there and put my neck out. But, I was able to take what I learned from PCDI and move forward. For 800.00 and taking courses at home at your own pace what to you expect to get out of it. Whatever you put in. Don't blame a company if you are not studying and following through. I say PCDI is a god way to go but through the mail not over the internet.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU..................

What Course are you in??

AUTHOR: Todd - (U.S.A.)

It may depend on which course you are working on. I was enrolled in the Small Business course, and my books were printed in 1998. This is ridiculous to think and just wrong to pass off such old material as relevent. The business world more than any other is changeing all the time. I have tried to talk to them many times and they don't care. If they are good to you then you got lucky.

My books are fine

AUTHOR: Rhonda - (U.S.A.)

My books are fine; they are not outdated. This company is listed with the Better Business Bureau. I can't beleive that if you tried to talk to them that this promblem could not be resolved.