• Report: #194246

• Submitted: Thu, June 01, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, June 03, 2006

• Reported By:Harrisburg Nebraska
Ashworth College, Aka PCDI
430 Technology Parkway Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

Ashworth College, Aka PCDI RIPOFF! Norcross Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Something Fishy

I called for information about Ashworth College almost 2 years ago. I received several envelopes that had the information about the program I called about. Each envelope stated on the outside "Here's The Information You Asked For". The college called several times and I did enroll in November of 2004. I never did receive anything further from this school. When I received calls that I needed to make a payment, I stated that I never did get anything from the school. They would send me the information envelope again. This is all I ever got from them. All in all, I got over 15 envelopes from them with the information.

Today, I received a call from a collection agency Oxford Management. They say I need to pay a $140 cancellation fee for the uncompleted program. Oxford Management says they will send me information on how to dispute this, but I doubt that will happen either. The manager at Oxford told me she could send out the school supplies that I would need to complete the program. This says to me that they are connected with Ashworth too. How can I owe for something that never went past the "information I requested". This place is a total ripoff! I have filed a claim with the BBB and hope to help keep people from trying to contact this school at all!

Heidi
Harrisburg, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2006 08:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashworth-College-Aka-PCDI/Norcross-Georgia-30092/Ashworth-College-Aka-PCDI-RIPOFF-Norcross-Georgia-194246. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashworth College, Aka PCDI

Something Fishy

AUTHOR: Lloyd - (U.S.A.)

Heidi,

I also had an encounter with this school when trying to enroll in the criminal justice program. I sent transcripts from all the schools I graduated from; I even was approved for funding.

However, when I attempted to have the transcripts evaluated, I was told that Ashworth had no method to cross evaluate courses and would berequired to take the entire program as it was offered. This really seemed strange and so declined to proceed any further.

There was something fishy about the dialogue that raised a flag. I decided to enroll with Northwestern University. I suggest checking this one out.