Complaint Review: Ashworth College In Norcross Georgia

• Reported By: hsanders — United States of America
Ashworth College In Norcross Georgia
430 technology parkway Norcross, Georgia United States of America

Ashworth College In Norcross Georgia BIG RIP OFF Norcross, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: ashworth college total rip off.

*Consumer Suggestion: Professional standards

I'm currently enrolled at Ashworth College,taking Physical Therapy Aide and just found out the other day that this "diploma" ain't worth anything!! It doesn't even count as I took the course,several places have told me I would have to do the physical therapy assistant at a college that counts. I'm basically paying them to let me have some books and a tuition that will never be credited to me. I contacted the school and they refuse to talk about the diploma not be credited but they will talk about no matter what I have to pay them. I'm on unemployment, I can't afford to be throwing money away that will never help me in life! I really think everyone who is having the same problem needs to file a complaint on them. Those who claim you have no problems with school,it's just a matter of time before you do.If someone can help me on this situation please do because I'm seriously thinking about contacting a lawyer soon,so the more people who are going through this the better for us to go against them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2010 06:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashworth-College-In-Norcross-Georgia/Norcross-Georgia-/Ashworth-College-In-Norcross-Georgia-BIG-RIP-OFF-Norcross-Georgia-584848. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashworth College In Norcross Georgia

ashworth college total rip off.

AUTHOR: i got hosed - (United States of America)

i took the associates course for computer information management.  i spent 3 1/2 years almost finished the degree (or what they say is a degree) i moved, and when i did they sent me letters saying i stopped paying.. i payed every month on time.. i believe i was late possibly only once.. i was so ticked.. cause it was like they were trying to get an "out" so they didnt have to give me the degree.. i do believe we all should get a lawsuite agains them and get all our money back.. i think its bull sh** that we all got hosed on this deal.. makes me not want to do online courses any longer..  its been a couple of years since i attempted to get a degree thru them but still that was money i could have used twards a good school.. please keep me informed if u do, do a lawsuite against them.. (((REDACTED)))

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Professional standards

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (U.S.A.)

Unfortunately, you didn't do your homework before signing up for this diploma. There is a big difference between a Physical Therapy AIDE and ASSISTANT. Ashworth should have told you this, but I suspect they were just happy to add to their enrollment regardless of whether or not the student was in the right program.  The AIDE diploma you received will only qualify you for the most basic entry-level position as an orderly-type of employee (e.g., getting the patient from point A to point B).   A PT ASSISTANT program would require about two years of study and would include basic science courses and general education courses. It would also be accredited by  CAPTE (Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education). This is what the potential employers were trying to explain.

Ashworth is accredited by SACS (Southern Association of Colleges in Schools) which is about as good as you can get. Regional accreditation (like SACS) is a necessary first step for all colleges. However, professional organizations (like those for Physical Therapists and PT paraprofessionals) often require their own accreditation to ensure the program meets certain standards. Diploma programs don't usually have this, but Associate Degree programs will.  But it is up to the student to check before enrolling.

Unfortunately, you weren't really ripped off and a lawyer will tell you the same thing.

Good luck to you!