• Report: #420826

• Submitted: Thu, February 05, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, December 08, 2012

• Reported By:Lexington Kentucky
Ashworth College University
ashworthcollege.edu Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

Ashworth College University Do Your Research! These are Worthless Degrees Norcross Georgia

*General Comment: Scary

*Consumer Comment: Ashworth College is a good and professional college

*Consumer Comment: Ashworth college is worthless! My prior report was wrong!

*Consumer Suggestion: you are useless DETC is useless so is U.S. Department of Education , the U.S. Army and CHEA

*Consumer Comment: Ashworth is Nationally accredited NOT regionally accredited

*Consumer Comment: Ashford, Ashworth..

*Consumer Suggestion: Let's Put This To Rest

*Consumer Comment: Ashworth is great and many of these criticisms are untrue.

*Consumer Comment: Are you Serious?!

*Consumer Comment: Ashworth is a great school this guy is just mad because he can not pay.

*Consumer Suggestion: Suspicious?

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Listen to this Person and DO YOUR RESEARCH

*Consumer Comment: AShworth is a great college he is completly wrong

*Consumer Comment: He is Lying about Ahworth it is Accredited

*Consumer Suggestion: You're wrong

Without ranting or raving, I am going to give you the REAL facts about Ashworth College. In order for a school to be "reputable" and their degrees to be recognized as valid, the school must be regionally accredited. Ashworth High School is regionally accredited by SACS but you will find a lot of schools and organizations will not accept their diploma. A friend of mine took an English course from them and did not want to do two of the assignments. He called and told them that he sent them in and that they must have lost them so they told him they would excuse him from doing the assignments. They gave him 100s for the assignments and he didnt even do them!
As for their college degrees, none of those programs are regionally accredited. They are nationally accredited by DETC and even though DETC is recognized by the Dept of Ed, it doesn't mean anything. Before you enroll, call any college and ask them if they will accept credits from Ashworth. I guarantee they will tell you no. They will push that they are "nationally accredited" but do the research- national accreditation is useless. Why do you think their programs are so cheap? I signed up for an Associates degree and when I received the materials, they were outdated and irrelevant. I couldn't believe it. That's when I started doing the research and found out that any degree from Ashworth is not worth the paper it is printed on. I also found out that other reputable colleges and universities will not accept their credits for transfer. Ive never had so many problems with one school in my life but I learned a valuable lesson; do your research first. I finally got out of ashworth and enrolled in Ashford University. Ashford is accredited and online and the funny thing is I learned from someone at Ashford that the reason why Ashworth changed their name from Ashworth University to Ashworth College is because Ashford University sued them because the names were too similar and Ashford University didn't want to be confused with Ashworth University. Take it from me- do the research first, ask around, and call some other colleges and universities. I bet when you discover the real facts, you will find somewhere else to go.

Lawrence Evans
Lexington, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2009 08:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashworth-College-University/Norcross-Georgia-30092/Ashworth-College-University-Do-Your-Research-These-are-Worthless-Degrees-Norcross-Georgia-420826. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashworth College University

#1 General Comment

Scary

AUTHOR: DCSMOM - ()

Sweetie if your getting a degree there I am worried.  Why????  Your spelling and proper English lack big time. Let me help you out!

People need to get their facts straight.  I am currently on (in) my last of eighth (eight) semester in completing my Bachelors in Business Admin.  I have never had any issues with the shool (school), its courses, or it(the) staff.  They are professional and does(do) everything to help the students. The coursea(courses) are very knowledgeable and i know i have benefitted professionally from this college and the courses offered.

Dont(Don't) write a bad report if you had an administrative issue.  I'm sure Harvard has their admin issues too.

I am not studying to be a rocket scientist so Ashworth works for me. Go Ashworth!!!

Tyla, Miami, Florida

There ya go...good luck getting a job!  I would not hire you!

Ashworth College is a good and professional college

AUTHOR: Tyla - ()

People need to get their facts straight.  I am currently on my last of eighth semester in completing my Bachelors in Business Admin.  I have never had any issues with the shool, its courses, or it staff.  They are professional and does everything to help the students. The coursea are very knowledgeable and i know i have benefitted professionally from this college and the courses offered.

Dont write a bad report if you had an administrative issue.  I'm sure Harvard has their admin issues too.

Tyla, Miami, Florida

Ashworth college is worthless! My prior report was wrong!

AUTHOR: Lu - (U.S.A.)

I came on here and just regurgitate what  an ashworth college  enrollment adviser told me buy once i graduate I found out the truth.  It has been impossible for me to tranfer  their credits and the navy does not accept their degree! It is a shame on ashworth and the us. government because they recognize them on their website and the military pays soldiers  tuition at  Ashworth College even though they won't accept their degrees!

Lu

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Ashwoth college

and if DETC is useless so is U.S. Department of Education , the U.S. Army and CHEA

#5 Consumer Suggestion

#6 Consumer Suggestion

Ashworth is Nationally accredited NOT regionally accredited

AUTHOR: Nans - (U.S.A.)

National accreditation is worthless. Regional is what is transferable to most colleges and universities.

IF you can find a university that will accept Ashworth units, you will pay more than, say UCLA to take a class. Yes, they charge exorbitant tuition.

You MIGHT be able to get by with transferring Ashworth credits if

1. You can prove that your instructor had a Masters degree

and

2. You can persuade the college that you want to transfer to to accept them.

The major difference between national and regional accreditation is the requirement that the instructors have a minimum of a masters degree for regional accreditation. National does not have this requirement.

I would not go to Ashworth if you can complete your units at a local community college. More and more have online classes where you can complete most of your degree. You run the risk of having your degree completely dismissed by employers if you go to Ashworth.

I have paid for one semester and I hope and pray that my local community college will accept them for transfer or I just wasted 2500 dollars.

Ashford, Ashworth..

AUTHOR: Inspector - (U.S.A.)

Let's not confuse the two. Ashford is accredited and real. Also, Ashworth college is accredited and real. Ashworth University is not and FAKE (diploma mil).

You can look them up here..http://www.ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx

Most states will not accept degrees form an unaccredited school. Why would anyone spend a lot of money for their education and limit their resources?

#9 Consumer Suggestion

Let's Put This To Rest

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

To all of the morons who insist on constantly raising the phony "Ashworth isn't accredited" lie, let me point out that Ashworth College's website is located at ashworthcollege(dot)edu.

If any institution is registered in the .edu domain, IT IS OBVIOUSLY ACCREDITED BY A BODY RECOGNIZED AS LEGITIMATE BY THE US DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION! Period.

See for yourself:

You might as well write a Rip Off Report against the Dept. of Education if you don't like it. By all means, if you want to continue to sound like a complete tool who has no idea what he is talking about, keep lying about Ashworth's accreditation.

Game. Set. Match. Punks.

Ashworth is great and many of these criticisms are untrue.

AUTHOR: Tamitha - (U.S.A.)

As for the student of Ashford, I resent the comment that Ashworth students don't know how to spell. I received my AS in Accounting through Ashworth and am now seeking my BS in Business Administration. I have had nothing but positive experiences at Ashworth and just so you know, Ashworth also follows APA. I am not certain as to where you are receiving your information, but Univeristy of Phoenix does accept Ashworth credits now. And I have yet to come across a better group of staff that bends over backwards to help the students. Yes, the phone system can be a hassle, but the staff at Ashworth is easily one of the most accessible, albeit through other methods like Twitter, myspace, or the student forums. Please make sure you are knowledgable before you trash another school.

Are you Serious?!

AUTHOR: Little Diva - (U.S.A.)

I am enrolled at Ashford University Online, and I am going for my B.A. I have yet to see anyone defending Ashworth know how to spell and/or put a sentence together. Ashford students must follow APA style format, and spelling and grammar are a must for every assignment, and response to a fellow classmates. I recommend Ashford University to all...GO SAINTS!!!

Ashworth is a great school this guy is just mad because he can not pay.

AUTHOR: Lu - (U.S.A.)

Ashworth is a great school I have graduated from their with no problem. People who bash Ashworth are people who can not pay. Ashworth is strict when it comes to payments. These hobos want everything free and nothing in life is free and it shoiuldn't be.

#13 Consumer Suggestion

Suspicious?

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

Frankly, I think people should be more suspicious of YOU, "I Know" in Lancaster. On this post, you said that you used to work for Ashworth, but on Report #426309, you called yourself a former student. I hope you aren't lying.

I have said before that I am a former student at Ashworth; I enjoyed the program, graduated, and found plenty of places to which my Associate's degree would transfer. However, I will probably return to Ashworth for my Bachelor's degree.

I have every right to defend my alma mater's reputation and I'm open about that fact. I'll even try to offer solutions to people who are having problems with the school, because I have been through one of their programs and know how to deal with it.

#14 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Listen to this Person and DO YOUR RESEARCH

AUTHOR: I Know - (U.S.A.)

You really need to listen to this guy who said to do the research. I used to work at Ashworth and I can tell you TRUTHFULLY that you MORE THAN LIKELY WILL encounter trouble getting a reputable university to accept your credits. It ABSOLUTELY IS the regional accreditation that is so important.

When your credits are not accepted and you call the school to complain, they will more than likely tell you that they do NOT advertise that they are regionally accredited. That is true, but they talk up the national accreditation as if it is a better accreditation. It is NOT.

Just do your research FIRST and you'll find out for yourself. And I would be suspicious of the rebuttals here. I know Ashworth has a group of students and employees who do nothing but go on sites like these and write rebuttals to try and mend the school's reputation.

Ashworth MIGHT have been a reputable school in its heyday about 8 - 10 years ago, but it's a dinosaur now!

AShworth is a great college he is completly wrong

AUTHOR: Lu - (U.S.A.)

this guy here is a liar Ashworth is Accredited by the DETC I graduate from their my self and since then I. have transferred my credits to A regional Accredited college and I enrolled in the U.S. Navy and they also accepted my degree with no problems. zero problem zilch no problems art all. I don't know why he is lying if I were Ashworth Would sue him and I am going to email them his report. I am just going to list the schools that i myself have contacted when i Was enrolling into Regional Accredited colleges from Ashworth that told me that they would accept my credits.

Keiser University
Wilmington University
University of south west
Saint leo Unniversity
these are just the colleges that i have spoken to directly

He is Lying about Ahworth it is Accredited

AUTHOR: Lu - (U.S.A.)

this d bag here is a liar Ashworth is Accredited by the DETC I graduate from their my self and since then I. have transferred my credits to A regional Accredited college and I enrolled in the U.S. Navy and they also accepted my degree with no problems. zero problem zilch no problems art all. I don't know why he is lying if I were Ashworth Would sue him and I am going to email them his report. I am just going to list the schools that i myself have contacted when i Was enrolling into Regional Accredited colleges from Ashworth that told me that they would accept my credits.

Keiser University
Wilmington University
University of south west
Saint leo Unniversity
these are just the colleges that i have spoken to directly

#17 Consumer Suggestion

You're wrong

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

A school does NOT have to be regionally accredited to be widely acceptable. DETC has been around since the late 1950's and is a member of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). All regional accreditors are members of CHEA as well. DETC credits do transfer to RA schools about 70% of the time.

I've heard of plenty of RA schools that will accept Ashworth College degrees. Including:

Bellevue University
Ashford University (yes, Ashford University)
Baker College
Upper Iowa University
Kaplan University

If you have already finished a program with Ashworth, why don't you just contact DETC and see if they will give you some advice on transferring your credits? In fact, you might try Googling "Don't Take No For an Answer" + DETC and you should find an article on DETC's website that gives some helpful advice.

Finally: yes, it is important to research ahead of time to find out if the RA school you want to go to for your bachelors/masters will accept the credits/degrees from the school you are about to enroll in. Again, I would recommend finding out from DETC how it is best to go about convincing registrars to accept your credits.

I finished by AS in Security Management with Ashworth last year and am planning to go back to them this Spring to pursue my BS in Business Administration. There isn't anything wrong with Ashworth, you just can't sit around waiting for someone else to hold your hand in order to get things done.