Complaint Review: Ashworth College

• Submitted: Thu, June 28, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, June 28, 2007

• Reported By:Kerens Texas
Ashworth College
430 Technology Parkway Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

Ashworth College Fraudulent claims of transfering credit to any higher education establishment Ripoff Norcross Georgia

I seem to have been deceived just as the other 44 ripoff authors on this topic. When I began the process of enrolling with Ashworth College, I made sure to ask specific questions. I knew when I spoke with them that I wanted an education degree, and I also knew that would require eventually attending another university. I asked SPECIFICALLY about transfer policies and accreditation. I didn't assume any of the answers, because I didn't want to run into any stumbling blocks along the way.

I was assured that there would be no transfer problems. I was told that all of the Ashworth credits would transfer to any college of my choice. So I took them at their word, and enrolled. I was of the opinion that since I had a full time job, and 2 children that online classes would be the best option for me.

My first 2 semesters went fine. But, then I realized that I had gone 2 semesters without receiving my exams. I contacted the representatives at Ashworth who assured me that I would promptly receive both exams in the mail. After waiting several weeks, I contacted them a second time. Again, I was assured that they were "in the mail" This process went on repeatedly for 7 months before I finally got the exams.

At this point I was able to register for a local community college. I gathered all of my documents together and went to the counselor's office to transfer my credits. It was then that I was informed that none of those credits were able to be transferred. I was told that Ashworth College was not accredited with that school. I then tried to find another school that would accept their credits, and after extensive searching was unable to do so.

I have talked with numerous people searching for some way to get the credits accepted, but I've not been able to make that happen. I'm having to start completely over on the classes that I've already paid to take. I have wasted 2 years and $2800 on a worthless piece of paper that no one will accept. As a last ditch effort, I contacted Ashworth one last time. I was told by the representative that she could not help me and did not know anyone who could. I asked to speak to her supervisor and was then told by her that her supervisor didn't want to talk to me.

I paid my tuition installments on time and without argument. I waited for 7 months to receive exams that I should've had in 2 weeks. This establishment is very deceiving and dishonest about their procedures. I did everything correct, and now I'm 2 years behind on my school schedule because Ashworh College decided to take advantage of me.

Kerens, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2007 08:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashworth-College/Norcross-Georgia-30092/Ashworth-College-Fraudulent-claims-of-transfering-credit-to-any-higher-education-establish-257596. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashworth College