Complaint Review: Ashworth College

• Updated: Thu, March 15, 2012

• Reported By: SueMW — Baxter Minnesota United States of America
Ashworth College
The Corners Parkway Norcross, Georgia United States of America

I inquired about a motorcycle repair course from Ashworth Collrege, an online college. Once I sent that form online I immediately started getting many phone call from the college phone operators.
On 3/5/2005 I talked with a representative and was told my tuition in full for motorcycle repair course was$568. I paid in full with my Mastercard Debit card. I went onto their student site and saw that I needed to review and sign an agreement to the tuition charges, however the charges were only $368 and it said I would be receiving a refund. I contacted the student help desk to let them know I there was a mistake. I was told it was an IT mistake and I paid the correct amount. I asked how they were going to resolve it because I said I felt the amount they wrote on their form was the correct amount as colleges never make mistakes when figuring tuition.
I was told the AR department would discuss the mistake and call me back when the decided what to do. I never received a call back and no refund was issued. I also sent many e-mails with no response.
The information on their website said I could withdraw within 5 days from the college of my registration because I think this place is a scam. I have requested a full refund but still no response. I am sending a request in writing to refund the entire $568.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2012 12:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashworth-College/Norcross-Georgia-30092/Ashworth-College-OVERCHARGED-ME-FOR-TUITION-Did-NOT-RETURN-MY-CALLS-OR-MONEY-Norcross-851609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashworth College