Complaint Review: Ashworth College

• Submitted: Wed, July 08, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, July 21, 2009

• Reported By:Keaau Hawaii
Ashworth College
430 Technology Parkway Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

Ashworth College They took almost $4,000.00 for a Worthless two year Associates Degree in Early Childhood Ed. The 60 credits are useless! Norcross Georgia

* : hey argosy university will take ashworth credits

*Consumer Comment: Exactly

*Consumer Comment: response to worthless associates degree

*Consumer Comment: Really ?

I went to Ashworth "College" on-line to get my AA degree in Early Childhood Education in 2003, finished $4,000 later, in March of 2005. I got the paper and my transcripts. Got a bunch of nice books, and took a lot of tests, but guess what the 60 credits are WORTHLESS!!!! I went to my local college University of Hawaii in Hilo, HI, and even tried the Hawaii Community College, to NO AVAIL.!!! They won't take even one credit! I can't even get a job with this worthless "degree". It is not fair, it is time Ashworth got Shut Down! Anyone else out there, and I have read some of your complaints already! Let's file a Class Action law suit! Please contact me via email! Or snail mail!! This is False pretense, false everything. Money is too hard to come by and my time! Let's go get what they took from us!!!

Jamie26
Keaau, Hawaii

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2009 12:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashworth-College/Norcross-Georgia-30092/Ashworth-College-They-took-almost-400000-for-a-Worthless-two-year-Associates-Degree-in-467504. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashworth College

#1

hey argosy university will take ashworth credits

AUTHOR: Lu - (U.S.A.)

argosy university will take all ashworth credits and they have a great b.a. in education

please don't bash ashworth okay their is a difference  between NA and RA accredited schools  are the quality of education are the same. the transfer of credit problem is being worked on by many different organization okay

Exactly

AUTHOR: Nans - (U.S.A.)

This is what the majority of Ashworth grads will receive for their "degree"

Dont let the national accreditation fool you

response to worthless associates degree

AUTHOR: Keithb - (U.S.A.)

Jamie26, Congratulations on earning you Associates degree in early childhood education. I do not think that your degree is "worthless", I'm sure you worked hard to earn it and you probably learned quite a bit. Ashworth College is a distance learning institution, and it is accredited by DETC. The DETC is recognized by the United States Dept. of Education. This means that Ashworth college has been checked out and is a legitimate institution of learning. Unfortunately, today in the U.S. the DETC accredited schools do not carry the same "weight" as regionally accredited schools. There are six regional accrediting agencies. All community colleges and universities are regionally accredited. And you are correct, they usually do not transfer in credits from DETC schools.

OK, with all that said, you really didn't tell us what it is you wanted to do with your Degree. I live in Houston, Texas and do not know how things work in Hawaii, but I can give some input on what you may be able to do here in Houston.

You could work at a private day care and work your way up to manager with the company. This may take several years.

You could work at an Elementary School as a teachers assistant or substitute teacher.

The only way you can be a regular full time teacher is to be certified by the State Education Board. This requires a Bachelors degree from an accredited university and a teaching certificate.

If you wanted to work at an Elementary School you should go to one in your area and speak to the Human Resource Officer, they can help you out.

Anyway, good luck to you . Give us an update if you have one. Thanks..

Really ?

AUTHOR: SocratesAL - (U.S.A.)

It's not Ashworth's fault that the colleges to which you applied would not accept the credits. Ashworth is nationally accredited, but there is no guarantee that ANY college or university will accept credits from any other college. I also had finished 2 years of college when I decided I wanted to transfer to another university to finish my final two years. I applied to three different universities, and was amazed at how each decided which credits they would transfer toward my degree, and which they wouldn't. Each university accepted different credits from the other, and one would only give me credit for 9 of my classes, even though I wasn't changing majors. And ALL colleges concerned were regionally accredited and located in the same state. And, many colleges and universities have an adversion to accepting credits from online degrees, as well. If you're still having problems, why not just stay with Ashworth ?