Complaint Review: Ashworth College

• Submitted: Tue, April 25, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, October 19, 2006

• Reported By:national city California
Ashworth College
430 Technology Parkway Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

Ashworth College pcdi worthless waiste of time and money Norcross Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Ashworth College is a legitimate online school

OK LETS SEE, I FELT ALITTLE SUSPICIOUS WHEN MY WIFE WAS DOING MY COURSES FOR ME WITH OUT READING THE BOOKS, CMON NOW, EVERYTHING IS OPEN BOOK TESTS, I WAS GETTING A 100% ON EVERYTEST, I THOUGHT THIS IS GREAT IN THE BEGINING, THEN I TOOK MY FIRST SEMESTER CREDITS TO THE NAVY COLLEGE AND NOT ONE OF THE 15 COLLEGES EVER HEARD OF ASHWORTH COLLEGE, I DIDNT RECIEVE ANY TRANSFER CREDITS AND THEY LAGHED AT ME, THEN I TRIED TO GET MY GI BILL TO PAY FOR THE FIRST SEMESTER AND ASHWORTH WOULDNT EXCEPT GI BILL, HMMMM WONT EXEPT GOVERNMENT MONEY, I KNEW SOMETHING WAS UP SO I DID A SATILITE IMAGE (SHHH) OF THE ADDRESS LISTED AS THE COLLEGE ADDRESS, WELL THE BROCHURE SHOWS A NICE COLLEGE, WELL I GOT NEWS FOR YOU, ITS A WARE HOUSE WITH LIKE 10 CARS PARKED IN THE GRAVEL PARKING LOT, AND THIS WAS A 2004 HIGH RES PICTURE. SO I CALLED THE SCHOOL AND SAID HEY I AM DOWN THE STREET AND I CANT SEEM TO FIND THE SCHOOL, I WANT TO TALK TO SOME STUDENTS AND THE FACULTY, THEY ABOUT FREEKED OUT, HUUH WHAT, YOU CANT COME HERE SIR. HAHA WHAT FUN. SO I FILED A REPORT WITH BBB, NOT THAT IT WILL HELP, AN EXPENSIVE LESSON, BUT I'M NOT DONE MESSING WITH THEM YET. DONT WAIST YOUR MONEY.

Jason
national city, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2006 06:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashworth-College/Norcross-Georgia-30092/Ashworth-College-pcdi-worthless-waiste-of-time-and-money-Norcross-Georgia-188599. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashworth College

Ashworth College is a legitimate online school

AUTHOR: Mckell - (Bahamas)

I have completed Ashworth College Business Management Degree Program, and would like to share my story.

Two things Ashworth College needs improvement in are their shipment of course work and contacting them by telephone. Other than that I had no problem contacting them by e-mail and taking my exams on-line.

I thought it was offensive for one of school ex-employee to label students that enrolled at Ashworth as uneducated. If you follow the rules of the college an uneducated person cannot read the text books, answer the questions and take the proctor exams. I do agree it is easy to cheat by having someone do your course work, but that means that your proctor nominee also cheated. Ashworth needs to look into getting more suitable proctor candidates. You can also cheat in traditional schools by having someone write a paper or do your homework.

Ashworth has no teachers like traditional schools therefore, their education programs is not for everyone. I choose to obtain a degree by distance education because of convenience and reasonable price. The handbook states that it is up to the individual schools whether or not they would accept Ashworth credits.

It is an advantage having an open book proctor exam, but you should not take it for granted that you will pass the exam. You have to read five text books in its entirety. When taking the proctor exam you have three hours to answer 60 multiple choice question. Some of the questions are straight forward some are not. If you do use the text book it takes time, and you need to understand what you are reading. If your proctor nominee help or give you more time both of you have cheated. Maybe Ashworth should look into selecting their own people to proctor exams at the expense of the students. There are students that will be dishonest in obtaining a degree, and because of this the quality of Asworth degree will always be in question.

If you have work experience in the program that you are taking, and would like a degree to show your qualifications then Ashworth College is for you. If you want to obtain credits to enter into another college then you should to make sure that school accept Ashworth credits.

I am proud of my degree because I did it the right way by studying, nominating a qualified and honest proctor candidate.