Complaint Review: Ashworth College

• Submitted: Sun, May 23, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, June 23, 2011

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
Ashworth College
430 Technology Parkway Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

Ashworth College ripoff - won't send semester exam, though already paid in full Norcross Georgia

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Author 27201242

*Consumer Suggestion: The BBB is not your best option.

Have received up-to-date books for Human Resource Management course,and completed 1st semester beginning of March '04. Have made repeated requests for them to send 1st semester final exam to my proctor, and although they say they will do so (last time they claimed it was coming "special delivery"), they haven't.

They started me on my 2nd semester and, as I warned them I would do, I have been withholding payments on 2nd semester until I'm allowed to take 1st semester exam (1st semester is paid in full- for which they've incidentally failed to provide acknowledgement).

Am preparing to send them certified letter warning that exam must be received, along with acknowledgement of 1st semester paid in full, and assurance in WRITING that I won't have to go through this hassle every single semester...or I will report them to both the Dept. of Education and BBB.

Not sure though exactly which Dept. of Education to report them to. Anyone have an answer for this? If so, can you share it SOON?

Jody
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2004 08:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashworth-College/Norcross-Georgia-30092/Ashworth-College-ripoff-wont-send-semester-exam-though-already-paid-in-full-Norcross-G-92602. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashworth College

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Author 27201242

AUTHOR: evans071 - (USA)

From: Ashworth

I wrote to the BBB this is what ashworth wrote back to me today even through they call me all day long behind money. I went to their school for high school diploma, went back for billing and coding completed both finish high school in 2007 went back in 2007 completed the program paid them out. Just imagine how much i have spend with this school.  I decided to go for my business degree which is a bachelor's I have completed 60 credits. I decided to drop out because they were not helping when it came to a problem on the lessons me spending this type of money with this school to get an education. I cancel out even though I was an alumni. I went somewhere else to finish my education. Now that i cancel with ashworth now it seems to be a problem. Now they are talking about putting me in a collection agency on July 22, 2011. because the outstanding bill is 4,672.00 I have not paid in 92 days. They are willing to take off $200.00 discount. ($100.00 for each previous program completed). If not they will forego collection in 30 days. They will lower my outstanding bill to $4,472.00. Once my finanical situation chage and allow me to continue my educational pursuits, they hope that she will consider enrollment at ashworth college. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service while assiting our students. They want me to pay a debt therefore they feel no laws been violated. Anyone has some ideas on how  to solve this nightmare? If you can help real soon? Janice New Orleans,Lousisana

#2 Consumer Suggestion

The BBB is not your best option.

AUTHOR: M. - (U.S.A.)

Jody, Ashworth recently made some big additions to their course offerings. I am guessing that this could be the cause of the problems you describe. Hopefully, they will resolve these issues soon.

If you are unable to get the problem resolved on your own, I recommend that you contact Ashworth's accreditor (DETC). If your problem is not taken care of ASAP, contact Michael Lambert at the Distance Education and Training Council. If you send him an email explaining your complaint to him, your problem will most likely be taken care of. His email address is: mike@detc.org

Please let us know how things turn out. You can do so by filing an update to your RipoffReport. Good luck!