Complaint Review: Ashworth College

• Submitted: Thu, February 19, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, June 27, 2010

• Reported By:lancaster California
Ashworth College
430 Technology Parkway Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

Ashworth College A SCAM That Should be Put Out of Business Norcross Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Tell them

*General Comment: response to myst23701

*Consumer Comment: Ashworth Since 2003

*Consumer Comment: I have verified

*Consumer Comment: You couldn't be more wrong

*Consumer Suggestion: Okay...

*Consumer Suggestion: No one is interested in their National accreditation

*Consumer Comment: Ashworth is a Great School It is not ashworth fault that you did not read their refund policy

*Consumer Suggestion: Ideas

I enrolled in the Bachelors program at Ashworth UNIVERSITY (they later changed their name back to College) a year ago. I was anxious to get my materials but as soon as I received the text and accessed my course online, I knew it was a RIPOFF!

The materials online were nothing more than powerpoint slides and reading assignments in the text. That was it! When I called to complain, I was told that I needed to speak with the "Dean." After several weeks, I finally got her on the phone, if it even was her. I spoke to a woman who had an obvious Indian accent- probably some outsourced customer service center they send all their upset students to. She was NOT helpful at all. I remember her first name was Deepa and if she really is the Dean, then that explains A LOT!

The so called school would not refund my money but if they try to take me to court, I will hire an attorney to fight it. I think we all should get together and file a lawsuit against them for the scam they are running.
Ashworth is NOT a reputable school, I wouldn't even call it a school, and the courses you take will NOT transfer to any other institution. Stay away from this place and he stupid Indian people they hire!

I know
lancaster, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2009 08:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashworth-College/Norcross-Georgia/Ashworth-College-A-SCAM-That-Should-be-Put-Out-of-Business-Norcross-Georgia-426309. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashworth College

Tell them

AUTHOR: Just_me - (United States of America)

I'm Also having troubles ......please I beg you post your story on the Ashworth College facebook page! Students check that before enroll a lot of the times ......

#2 General Comment

response to myst23701

AUTHOR: jazzy - (United States of America)

Actually this is in response to consumer response # 7

not the original report.

Mr. I speak six languages you are such an ignorant jerk!! Why are you on here disrespecting other people just b/c they may have had a less favorable experience at Ashworth University or college.  For all we know you are probably some stuck up moron who works there trying to annoy people on here ..Really Classy!  By the way you most likely couldn't afford Harvard and that's the reason you went to Ashworth so pipe down! I attended a community college as well and there is nothing wrong with them Smart guy.

For the record my father attended Ashworth and enjoyed himself there.  I just don't care for Jerks who attack others for goodness sake this is Ripoffreport.com If you don't like what someone has to say exit the site DUH!  I swear you and William from Kansas are the same people.  Maybe you two should fill out a form ID-IOT !

Ashworth Since 2003

AUTHOR: myst23701 - (United States of America)

You've obviously forgotten to fill out your form ID-10T when you enrolled. I did my associates, bachelor, and masters over at Ashworth. Remember the movie Good Will Hunting? There's a line in there Will Hunting: You wasted $150,000 on an education you coulda got for $1.50 in late fees at the public library. He basically said the person never had an original thought and just regurgitated crap. You probably will need to have someone tell you what to think. Let me tell you something as I'm working on my JD before I go to get my MD and probably someone you might show a bit of respect to considering I'm an English Lord: Forget about suing them, go to one of those discos they call a community college, and stop trying to blame others for your failures as a human being. Ashworth customer service sucks. However, that didn't stop me from going through the motions to get an education level I already had inside me. I could have gone to Oxford or Cambridge, Yale, Harvard, or whatever I wanted, but I chose Ashworth because it wasn't my title or family legacy that was going to carry me though. No, it was simple determination. Now before you discount me, also consider the fact that I speak 6 languages (3 rather well), am a pilot, commercial driver, equestrian, adventure diver, sky diver and the president of my own company. Ashworth has its merit on some of the simplest of human abilities: to read for oneself, to think for oneself, and to have discipline to persevere. BTW: Ashford will take all of your credits that apply to the course corresponding to what they have. Ive been to their campus in Iowa, and its an old church school. Good luck.

I have verified

AUTHOR: Nans - (U.S.A.)

No reputable college will accept credits from Ashworth.

These must be employees on here defending them, because there is absolutely no merit to their statements.

National accreditation is worthless. I even NAMED one college that says they MAY accept the credits and left out the fact that the cost is exorbitant! I would rather go to UCLA, which costs LESS!

National: Minimum instructor degree requirement Bachelors

Regional: Minimum instructor degree requirement Masters

THIS is why most regionally accredited colleges will NOT accept credits from Nationally accredited colleges. You need to educate yourselves in the FACTS before you start making statements to mislead people.

Stay far far away from Ashworth.

You couldn't be more wrong

AUTHOR: Tamitha - (U.S.A.)

I know, Ashworth IS accredited and the credits DO in fact transfer. If you call around, this can be verified. I know for a fact that University of Phoenix accepts Ashworth's credits. So please get your facts straight before trashing another entity's reputation.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

Go back to community college if you want to, but please quit lying about Ashworth. Nobody said that you in particular weren't eligible for financial aid, because Ashworth doesn't offer financial aid to ANYBODY to begin with and they definitely do not reveal anyone's personal information on their forum.

#7 Consumer Suggestion

No one is interested in their National accreditation

AUTHOR: Nans - (U.S.A.)

Ashford just told me that they MAY do a PARTIAL transfer to complete a degree major that I am not at all interested in. I have wasted 1300 on a portion of a degree that will be useless to me in obtaining employment.

People need to do their research on national accreditation and not assume that the information in favor of it is correct. Even if you are able to transfer credits, your options will be grossly limited.

Do not go to a nationally accredited only school.

Their customer service is the most unprofessional that I have ever encountered. It certainly will not attract any high caliber students.

Oh, and on the forums? They will post all KINDS of personal information about you! They even posted publicly that I was not eligible to financial aid without a co-signer. They are all a joke and I am so sorry I enrolled there.

Back to community college I go.

AUTHOR: Lu - (U.S.A.)

Ashworth is a great school so don't bash Ashworth because you didnt read all their policies or because you can't afforded it anymore. Go get a second job and pay for what you signed up for.

#9 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

Okay, on Ripoff Report: #420826, you called yourself a former employee of Ashworth College, but now, you're a former student. Whatever.

Hiring an attorney will do zilch except fill that attorney's pockets with your money. You signed a contract in which the school was not really obligated to do anything more than enroll you, send you the materials, and maintain your transcript. The ONLY reason that you didn't complete the semester that you paid to enroll in is because you chose not to do the work, since you didn't think the curriculum was what you thought it would be.

Ashworth's curriculum is approved by the Distance Education Training Council (DETC), as I never get tired of pointing out. If you go to DETC(dot)org, you can even find their handbook for how they determine to accredit a particular school. Ashworth's curriculum is considered sufficient with DETC, which is a recognized body of accreditation. That's all I can tell you about that.

Now, it's no secret that if you call the school, the customer service is awful. Ashworth is nearly legendary for that. However, if you're having a problem, you're best off going to the Ashworth College Internet forum. The Admins and moderators over there are very responsive and helpful. Give it a try.

Your best bet is to go ahead and finish the work for the semester for which you signed a contract and hope that the credits will transfer somewhere. If you go the legal route, you are going to lose the attorney fees and the tuition for the semester you chose not to complete.

Finally, you are flat out wrong that the credits or degrees will not transfer to any RA school. I have talked to schools that will accept them and know of others that will. My advice to everyone is to discover in advance which school you may want to complete your education with and if it will accept a degree from Ashworth. If they will, Ashworth is a good, inexpensive way to go. If you can't find a school you like that will accept their credits/degrees, don't go with Ashworth. Be aware that it's not Ashworth's or DETC's responsibility to get you into another college. DETC accreditation is perfectly valid, but you can't force anyone to take it. Sad, but true.