Complaint Review: Ashworth College

• Submitted: Tue, June 24, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, February 09, 2009

• Reported By:Arlington Virginia
Ashworth College
www.ashworthuniversity.edu Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

Ashworth College Stay AWAY! Bad Business Norcross Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Ashworth College Scammed Me Too!!

*Consumer Comment: Just pay your bills on time!!!!!! ashworth is a great school

*Consumer Comment: school norm

*Author of original report: It gets even worse

Do everything you can to stay away from this place. They are concerned only for their tuition payments--often send their accounts out to collections.. Their most recent collection firm went out of business, and it was months before Ashworth had a new one to pick up the pieces. By then, everyone was 'overdue.' They will not ship courses, until you pay what they say is up-to-date--even though the collection firm only asks for monthly payments as before. lots of BBB and consumer protection complaints. Bad Business!

John
Arlington, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2008 08:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashworth-College/Norcross-Georgia/Ashworth-College-Stay-AWAY-Bad-Business-Norcross-Georgia-343537. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashworth College

Ashworth College Scammed Me Too!!

AUTHOR: Kathy - (U.S.A.)

I do know for a fact regardless if your up to date with payments, there are those such as myself they shut out or scam. So being up to date with some has nothing to do with it...they (Ashworth) in fact scam!

Just pay your bills on time!!!!!! ashworth is a great school

AUTHOR: Lu - (U.S.A.)

I received my associates degree from Ashworth and I have had no problems with It The U.s. Navy accepted( I received higher payer, rank etc.) I also transfered my credits to a Regional Accredited College They accepted with no problem the only thing is that they only accepted 75% value for each credit. Now I'm on my way to receive my bachelors from a RA Accredited college all thanks to Ashworth.

school norm

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I'm not sure if you are aware of this but any school that you go to (if you are not paying with student loans) ask that you pay for your classes by a certain date. My school was a major university and they required that I had all my courses paid for before I signed up for the next semester of classes.

It gets even worse

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

An eventful day. Traded e-mails with the school's 'educational counselor' who refused to send out my next course until I had paid them $792.00. I have an agreement in place with Oxford Management, their 'collectors' for tuition, who stated when the plan went into effect that as soon as the first payment was posted, the next course would be sent out. Today, Oxford representative basically said, Ok we lied, so what. Pay them the $792 and you get your courses. So much for ethics in education.

Next step is to file with the BBB Atlanta and the GA state Consumer protection office. They were really helpful.