Complaint Review: Ashworth College

• Reported By:Brooklyn New York
Ashworth College
Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

Ashworth College University, PCDI Don't do it. ripoff Norcross Georgia

*Consumer Comment: I GO TO ASHWORTH, ABOUT TO FINISH MY LAST CHAPTER, RESEARCHING THE SCHOOL ONLINE BEFORE COMPLETION

I first inquired about Ashworth College two years ago, when their affordable tuition payment plan ($99. per month) made them look very attractive. But remember the old addage, "you get what you pay for". As a working adult, I wanted to find a way to pursue my Master's degree online, but my instincts stopped me from commiting to this "school" early on.

I did not like the manner in which the rep answered my questions and nonchalantly stated that I could cancel at any time without incurring any fees. It indeed seemed too good to be true and after reading some of the complaints here, I know that it was.

They have now changed the name to "Ashworth University" as an attempt to legitimize themselves, but they are probably a group of underpaid operators sitting in a basement somewhere-not a school, not even in Georgia! Even several of the big name online colleges are being scrutinized now, because there standards are below par.

Do yourself a favor, if you really want a degree-go to your local community college or do your research and seek out a legitimately accredited school online. Get on a payment plan and get a REAL degree. Don't believe the hype here- they are a big RIP-OFF!

Pat
Brooklyn, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2007 09:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashworth-College/Norcross-Georgia/Ashworth-College-University-PCDI-Dont-do-it-ripoff-Norcross-Georgia-267570. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashworth College

AUTHOR: Moniquerenee - (U.S.A.)

Well, I currently am a student of PCDI/ASHWORTH Univ.

Which I am very concerned as well. I Do see the difference in "institute" and "university", what is the deal with changing the school name?

I see someone has said about that "99 a month" plan, well I just pay 31 and put a down payment of 5 bucks! my tuition is under a grand and well the work is not hard, I have plenty of a's and a few b's. I am finishing up my chapter tomorrow and about to graduate. Though I've only had a few problems with them. I keep asking them to send me a copy of my school ID in which they said that it comes in a copy of the original first letter and I keep getting that, just no ID, like 3, maybe 4 times now.

I like how they have deals like "if you pay all of your tuition now we'll take $$ off of the bill" and recently I opted to the "if you do autobilling we will take $25 off of the bill" in which I looked and it did go through! gladly. And well I never really did talk personally with my "teacher" so I didn't really like that, but I liked the chapter greetings she had which were notes in the beginning of each chapter in the books.

Honestly I'm not even looking to transfer my credits to a college. I'm looking to move onto college

(already completed a physical highschool and 2yrs culinary arts) and taking the Nutrition Specialist course. I do not expect to be a specialist right out of this course and I am looking to go to a local college for a degree as a Dietitian. Honestly this course is just another pretty bump on my resume, it's given me something to do while I'm out of my other schools with the freedom of homework at any time and I'm able to work whatever hours I want.

Honestly these people that say OH MY GOSH its not accredited ( is it or not honestly either way I don't care but so many people say different things on here) well they should have researched completely. and well as far as "i couldn't get the job I wanted" - well going into this you should know that you aren't going to come out a professional with no hands on experience or CERTIFICATION. Like being a Nutrition Specialist I looked up one time and I could be wrong but its a four hour test for certification. There are many steps people.

And well someone also said to go to a local school, that is a great idea! :-)

Either way I have experienced almost no problems with this school and I think that the people complaining should research before they spend a lot of money !! Someone is out thousands? I Don't know what class even costs thousands, that is nuts!! if they are very dedicated to the career choice they should have honestly been asking around the whole time, these are year or two long courses!

Good luck to everyone!

and for a bit more, my English is not perfect in this because it is 5 in the morning and I'm just bored, and well I must say that my books have not been hard to understand, they were quite easy and I learned SO MUCH from my course and even applied it to work (worked in a nutrition store (GNC) ) and am very proud of myself, like I said, accreditation or not, doesn't matter to me, just another accomplishment and a lot learned!