• Report: #1120276

Norcross, Georgia USA

Ashworth College What a waste of time and money! Norcross Georgia

*Author of original report: Response to Online Teacher

*Consumer Comment: question

I began my Bachelor's program in eBusiness iback in February of last year (2013).  There are 8 modules with 5 courses each for a total of 40 courses or 120 credit hours.  I got the first 4 modules completed when I was dismissed from the college for alleged plagiarism.  Of course, a person has to take the majority of general electives in the first half.  I was ready to start the second half which consisted of the required business courses.  I was excited to finally be starting on the business courses which I like the best and do well in.  My GPA was 3.55 which I feel is a good GPA.

Let me say how disappointed and let down I feel that I have been dismissed.  I wasted 1 year of my time and now owe $4,600.00 for nothing.  When they began looking at a second assignment that I did, I had already received an Academic Probation letter.  So of course that second assignment was going to get dinged too.

I have moved on and am now working on a 2 year Human Resources degree at another institution.  I am very disappointed with Ashworth and they are not what I expected them to be.  I believe I was penalized unfairly because each professor has his/her own expectations on what constitutes plagiarism.  I don't feel that I am guilty.  Just very let down.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2014 12:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashworth-College/Norcross-Georgia/Ashworth-College-What-a-waste-of-time-and-money-Norcross-Georgia-1120276. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashworth College

Response to Online Teacher

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

I paraphrased what I read from my sources and documented my sources at the end of each essay.  I do not understand it.

question

AUTHOR: Jeanski - ()

Could you say more about the nature of the alleged plagiarism? I'm curious because I teach online courses (not for Ashworth) and you're right - teachers can be somewhat biased in what they consider plagiairsm.