• Report: #420081

• Submitted: Wed, February 04, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, March 09, 2009

• Reported By:atlanta Georgia
Ashworth College/University Norcross GA
430 Technology Parkway Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

Ashworth College/University HUGE RIP OFF - DO NOT ENROLL!! THIS COMPANY IS THE BIGGEST SCAM Norcross Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: Not really sure who these people are...

*Consumer Comment: It is not a Rip off

This place is surely a rip off, after stumbling upon other comments and complaints, it made me think of how they do take forever to use the phone. after calling some colleges and universitys I found out they will not accept credits from Ashworth and I would have to start all over. I had the director from a child care center look it over and she told me she would not hire me with the degree from Ashworth (I was studying Early Childhood education). After reading other complaints a couple years later, I see I can relate to some of this.

When I called to sign up, I talked to a youngster and all he wanted to know is if I wanted to sign up, he really had no answers to my questions just wanted the money. After telling him I did not have the downpayment he asked for, he told me to ask an Uncle or Aunt if they had the money. I also called to speak to the director see if he could help me further but you can never get to talk to any professionals that can really help you. On their site they used to have pictures and phone numbers of the director and other administrative personel and you can never talk to them.

today is 2/4/09 and I tried to call the school to cancel and no one is answering the phone, they do not have any reason recorded why they are closed. I tried the main number on their homepage and I hung up after being on hold for 45min. Once I sign on to the student site, they have a banner stating they are having phone problems. Well if they are having phone problems, it still would not matter because they are closed with no explaination. THIS SCHOOL IS A RIP-OFF, PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!!

Monique
atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2009 11:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashworth-CollegeUniversity-Norcross-GA/Norcross-Georgia-30092/Ashworth-CollegeUniversity-HUGE-RIP-OFF-DO-NOT-ENROLL-THIS-COMPANY-IS-THE-BIGGEST-SC-420081. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashworth College/University Norcross GA

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Not really sure who these people are...

AUTHOR: Nans - (U.S.A.)

but most of the schools that people have listed will possibly accept the credits. The counselor at Ashford just told me that most employers will not even acknowledge your "degree" from a nationally accredited only college. I believe it. You are better off going through a community college program.

AUTHOR: Lu - (U.S.A.)

It is not a rip off over 70 percent Of RA schools accept their credits I myself have transferred to a RA school. please visit chea.org or look at my other rebuttals where I have listed some schools that I personally have contacted. if you really want me to give you my complete list please post another comment and I will rebuttal your post. It is a great school okay so if I was you I would stayed enrolled get my associates and the transfer to a Regional Accredited school. I have to get my old emails to list the schools that I have contacted I just did it for the other rebuttal let me see if I can get some of my other emails right quick

Upper Iowa University

their are a lot more all that i have posted on this and other rebuttals I myself have contacted personally.. All of them are Regional Accredited and offer online classes. please don't be so loose with your word because Ashworth can sue you for libel.