Complaint Review: Ashworth High School

• Submitted: Wed, October 27, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, October 27, 2010

• Reported By: Whittany — Midland Texas United States of America
Ashworth High School
430 Technology Parkway, Norcross, Georgia 30092 Internet United States of America

Ashworth High School Ashworth College, Ashworth University, James Madison High School Refuses refund, violates DETC, no information they used student handbook Internet

I have been enrolled with Ashworth High School for a little over one year.  I am currently trying to cancel my enrollment, but they refuse to give me a refund.  I have finished only two lessons and I have paid almost $800.00 in tuition.  They claim after one year of enrollment that I lose my entitlement to a refund.  However, the time limit is not stated in their student handbook or anywhere else on the website.  Instead it refers you to the Tuition Protection (meaning their protection) Agreement printed on the back of the Enrollment Agreement.  Problem is I never received an Enrollment Agreement.  Their representative claims that it doesn't matter that this so called agreement is not in writing because a verbal agreement was made.  Pretty hard to print anything on a verbal agreement.  When I referred them to the DETC's policy on refunds they stated they didn't have to abide by the DETC's policies even though they are accredited through them.  What is the point of having policies if they don't have use them?  The representatives continue to stonewall me, and will not even give me access to a supervisor because they are all "busy."  Not that I imagine things would go much differently with a supervisor.  I have read on here similar accounts, and I just want what is fair.  Why would I pay for an education I have yet to receive?  Any other education institution would provide a refund if a student withdraws, so what makes Ashworth so different?  I will continue to do what I can to get my money back, but any advice or help would be appreciated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2010 01:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashworth-High-School/internet/Ashworth-High-School-Ashworth-College-Ashworth-University-James-Madison-High-School-Refu-655833. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashworth High School