locked

• Submitted: Fri, February 29, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, March 01, 2008

• Reported By:newport news Virginia
Ashworth University, Ashworth College
430 Technology Parkway Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

Ashworth University, Ashworth College deceptive college Norcross Georgia

I originally signed up to the associates degree in Psychology. My husband signed up the same day. After the first shipment, (mine came first), my husband returned his after changing his mind about taking the courses. He never even opened the first and only box they sent him and returned it within the same week, with a note to cancel. Ashworth college said he owed the entire tuition! I took four tests out of mine, but after seeing they were all multiple choice and after looking this company up on the rip-off report (which we should have done before buying!) I then sent a letter of cancellation. I paid over $500 to this company and they sent me a letter, after cancellation, saying I still owed a $136.00 cancellation fee! I sent them several e-mails saying they should take the fee out of what I had already paid since I had already paid so much and received so little, but they refused. Now I am getting letters from a collection agency saying I still owe the $136.00 cancellation fee and my husband is getting them for his entire school tuition! This company is a total scam and they don't care about ruining peoples credit or trying to scare people into paying the total tuition for something they didn't even use!

Sfg
newport news, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/29/2008 07:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashworth-University-Ashworth-College/Norcross-Georgia-30092/Ashworth-University-Ashworth-College-deceptive-college-Norcross-Georgia-313501. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashworth University, Ashworth College