• Report: #372030

• Submitted: Thu, September 11, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, September 11, 2008

• Reported By:Manassas Virginia
Ashworth University - PCDI
430 Technology Parkway Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

Ashworth University - PCDI refuse to transfer curriculum. i was asked to opened a new account with a new deposit I lost $250.00 deposit Norcross Georgia

I am a 63 year old single female, with physical problems, and limited income. I wanted a skill to allow me to work at home. I contacted Ashworth University, and chose the Medical Transcription course. I made a large down payment of $250.00. I received the books and CD, but did not realize the extent of the course. I had a very hard time, then decided I needed to change courses.

I called Ashworth the first time, and explained. they told me to check the programs list, call back when I decided. It would not be a problem. When I called back, and explained what I wanted to do, which was merely transfer curriculums for the same amount of money, they refused. I was told I had to close my account with the medical transcription, and reopen a new account with the new course.

It was not their policy to transfer curriculums on the same account. I had paid $250.00, that was non refundable even in part. I cancelled the course, and refuse to start a new account.

I felt that like other colleges, that the courses could be transferred. The money I put down is now lost.
I decided to file a complaint so that other people will know that Ashworth University is a ripoff. they are out to make money, rather than actually help people get an education. I will continue my education at a location college campus.

Betty
Manassas, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2008 02:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashworth-University-PCDI/Norcross-Georgia-30092/Ashworth-University-PCDI-refuse-to-transfer-curriculum-i-was-asked-to-opened-a-new-acco-372030. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashworth University - PCDI