Complaint Review: Asknet-shops.com

• Updated: Mon, August 20, 2007

• Reported By:Ithaca New York
Asknet-shops.com
asknet-shops.com Internet Germany

Asknet-shops.com billed my MasterCard account $69.95 for imaginary computer software Ripoff Internet

*Consumer Comment: I thought it was a ripoff, but they resell for Nero

*Consumer Comment: I have this charge as well but it was legit

I had never heard of "asknet-shops.com" until I got my MasterCard bill last week and saw a fraudulet charge posted on 12/22/2006 by this company on the "internet" in "deu." When I called MasterCard to dispute this fraudulent purchase, I was informed it was supposed to be for computer supplies or software, but since the supposed company had no physical address, the charge could not be "disputed" along the usual lines. MasterCard had to close out my account and issue me a new card. I sometimes make purchases online, but did not buy anything that way on the date this false charge was posted. I still wonder how this "asknet" rip-off happened.

James
Ithaca, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2007 09:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asknet-shopscom/internet/Asknet-shopscom-billed-my-MasterCard-account-6995-for-imaginary-computer-software-Ripof-233129. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asknet-shops.com

I thought it was a ripoff, but they resell for Nero

AUTHOR: Psi - (U.S.A.)

I saw a $49.99 charge on my VISA statement for 7/2/07, then reviewed recent purchases - It was a legitimate Nero software purchase. I just didn't recognize the name initially. That's how I got to this web page!

I have this charge as well but it was legit

AUTHOR: Keith - (U.S.A.)

I received a charge on my credit card from this company on a few seemingly unrelated occasions. Both were for software purchases online. One was for a Nero license and the other was for Punch Home professional software. Each time, the company name looked suspicious when I went to review the charges but it turned out they were both for those specific items.