Complaint Review: Asknow.com

• Reported By: Mickelle — Beaufort South Carolina United States of America
Asknow.com
www.asknow.com Internet United States of America

Asknow.com Additional Charge on My Account, Internet

*Consumer Comment: you have to watch your time

*Author of original report: THAT IS A LIE!!!!!

*UPDATE Employee: There is more to the story. . .

DO NOT!!!!  I repeat DO NOT visit Asknow.com.  They are full of sugar honey ice tea.  They sell you a beginners package for $40.00 ($1.00 per minute) and say its a discounted rate.  They then suggest a psychic to you.  Then connect you with them.  As your reading is going on, you will hear a recording come on and says you are continuing at a discounted rate.  Now, what would that mean to you?  To me, that meant my reading was still going at the $1.00 a minute rate and that I had not reached my 40 minutes.  NNNNOOOOO!!!!!  These snake in the grass ripp of artists not only allowed me to continue but they charged me $72.63 extra for 17 minutes.  So, instead of me paying $40.00, I ended up paying $112.63.

Then, get this, I called to talked to the about it and Jen in Customer Services had the nerve to get an attitude and get loud.  How unprofessional!!!!!!

DO NOT!!!!!!  DO NOT!!!!!!!  Go to Asknow.com.  It's only a ripp off.  They are not concerned with you, JUST HOW MUCH MONEY THEY CAN GET OUT OF YOU.  You got me Asknow.com, but God as my witness, until you begin to do right by people, you will feel this 7 times over.  So Mote it Be

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2009 10:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asknowcom/internet/Asknowcom-Additional-Charge-on-My-Account-Internet-535751. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asknow.com

you have to watch your time

AUTHOR: Stardust - (U.S.A.)

i have not used the phone service at asknow, but i have used their chat.

when you buy the 40 minutes for $40 package, that means you can talk to any adviser you want at $1 per minute. when your package minutes are up, the chat window gives you a warning that you are now continuing at the per minute rate. it doesn't say "discounted" rate on the chat. so, that's how you know that if you are going to continue your conversation, then you are going to pay the adviser's per minute rate. and, with the rates at asknow not being very cheap per minute, it's wise to keep your eye on the clock.

THAT IS A LIE!!!!!

AUTHOR: Mickelle Chisolm - (United States of America)

I don't care what you say your policy is, that is not in my case.  The woman that I spoke with when I made the initial purchase never once told me that.  All she said to me was that I was purchasing a package of 40 minutes for $40.00 as a first time user.  She NEVER said anything about a tone or the fact that when I hear the tone that the rates would go back to the original rate. (whatever the hell that would be)

BIG SCAM !!!!!!  BIG SCAM!!!!!

Again this is a RIP-OFF!!!!!!!!!!

You all got me for my money, but I will continue to tell the truth and fight tooth and nail to make sure EVERYONE knows about it, in hopes that you never falsely take anyones money again.  SO MOTE IT BE

There is more to the story. . .

AUTHOR: Asknow Tech Support - (United States of America)

Anytime you make a purchase at asknow, whether it be online or at our customer service department, we make an effort at double and sometimes triple check that you know about the per minute charges. Anytime someone purchases a package we tell themthat after the prepaid minutes are up,they will hear a tone, then  they will continue at the per minute rate displayed on the website for that psychic.

Patrick