Complaint Review: Aspen Auto Repair

• Reported By: Shelly — Littleton Colorado
Aspen Auto Repair
9719 W Coal Mine Ave Littleton,co , Select State/Province USA

Aspen Auto Repair DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR THERE Littleton Colorado

Took my car there for a routine oil change (maintenance).  First of all, it took 1 1/2 hours to change oil.  When it was done and was time to leave, my car would barely stay running after I started it.  Revved the engine a little,  an "oil temp" light on my dashboard came on, which has NEVER done before.  The mechanic and the shop mgr were in a hurry to leave, as the shop was closing since they took so long in the first place.  I stopped them and told them abould my car and what it was doing, they said we'll take another look at it, but they acted agitated.  They lifted the hood and looked at it, while the mechanic started it and revved the engine and I had to point out the light on the dash.  They took it back in the garage and after another 20 minutes, the shop mgr came and told me it was done.  The mechanic had already left.  The shop mgr said I had a dirty air intake (which they had already replaced the air filter).  This time, when I left I started my car and it ran better, but then I drove about 1 - 2 miles away and my Check Engine light came on.  It was too late to drive back, as they had already turned off the lights and left.  NOTHING was wrong with my car when I took it in.  I told the mgr that also and he got all defensive.  He also told me that I had a severe oil pan leak.  I told him that I DO NOT, as there is no oil in my driveway and have never had any problems before.  He said that they will clean it up and to bring it back and they would keep an eye on it.

After I noticed that my Check Engine light came on, my husband then checked the gas cap which was on loosely.  He tightened it, and later after some driving it went off.  I drove to work the next morning and the light stayed off.  But now, I left work and drove about 2 miles and the light came on again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2013 02:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aspen-Auto-Repair/Select-StateProvince/Aspen-Auto-Repair-DO-NOT-TAKE-YOUR-CAR-THERE-Littleton-Colorado-1094379. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aspen Auto Repair