Complaint Review: Aspire Card

• Submitted: Sat, July 26, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, July 26, 2008

• Reported By:Wilmington Delaware
Aspire Card
PO Box 105555 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Aspire Card My account received both a credit increase & annual fee, then closed immediately exceeding credit limit in same month! Atlanta Georgia

I have been a customer since 2006, trying to re-establish my credit, with initial limit $450. Since this year, I made a committment to pay my account on time each month.

I just paid off account again in May (June statement). So without warning or notice, they gave me an automatic increase to $750 limit, anyway in June, despite prior over limit fees. So I decided to use card again this month and make 2 payments , receiving confirmations and access to available credit the very next day, with balance due of zero, on my June statement.

At the beginning of my current billing cycle (unavailable July statement not even posted yet), I was assessed and over limit fee for $150 limit which made me go over my balance of current charges. Then a couple days ago, I received in the mail, a notice (dated a wk ago) that my account was over the limit and to immediately to pay amount that I went over to bring it under the limit.

Just days ago, I called the Collection Number to set up payment for the amount was over the limit and received confirmation. I called yesterday to confirm pymt received and arrangements to pay account off, the begining of next month (which will be done) and that's when they informed me that even though I made the payment, that my account was closed and would not be activated no more.

I asked when they closed it, they said back on last week due to my account being severely over the limit! I can't even restore my account after prompt payment! I got no notice about annual fee on my last statement and received no notice prior to them closing my account and my next pymt is not even due yet -sched pymt due for mid August! Not even here yet!

They did all this to me in one billing cycle! I filed a dispute online with them through website for information. l guess I have to contact FTC? I wonder if there is a active class action lawsuit that can be filed because this company is horrible to their long-term customers or any customers for that matter!

Please provide further info for what can be done about this. Thanks.

Wilmington, Delaware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2008 12:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aspire-Card/Atlanta-Georgia-30348-5555/Aspire-Card-My-account-received-both-a-credit-increase-annual-fee-then-closed-immediate-355814. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aspire Card