Complaint Review: Aspire Credit Card/Midland Financial

• Submitted: Mon, July 21, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, July 21, 2008

• Reported By:lilburn Georgia
Aspire Credit Card/Midland Financial
San Diego, CA San Diego, California U.S.A.

Aspire Credit Card/ Midland Financial Unprofessional San Diego California

Unfortunatly, about 3 years ago, I applied for an Aspire Card....In August 2006, a month before delivering my child, I was moving into a new place...Yes, granted my bill was unpaid for a few months, but in August of 2006, I paid off the balance and until last month, thought I closed the card....2 months ago, I checked my credit and found out that I had an account in collections with Midland through Aspire...First I call Aspire, and I can't get a person on the phone and then I call Midland---Like I stated before, I am still under the impression that I paid off the bill in 8/2006 and closed it, so I asked the guy to please send me something in the mail that shows the balance, etc...and so I can cross reference it with my bank statements....He told me that "I am not entitled to anything and that I am a deadbeat that doesn't pay my bills!!" I have fell on hard times, but for the most part, everything on my credit has been satisfied....Well, he hung up on me and I left several messages for his supervisor all to no avail..Well, tonight, I get a phone call at 9pm ATLANTA time, the man introduced himself and it was a different guy from Midland.,,I explained to him the situation and that all I wanted is a statement.....He verified over the phone that I did pay off my card to a 0 balance in 8/2006, but there were still charges after.....Honestly, to my knowledge, I did not use the card, but it could really be an honest mistake, I was 8 1/2 months pregnant, and moving....in 100 degree weather humid too!!! If I did make the charges, I will be more than happy to satisfy the charges, but all I want is a detailed summary...

From what the new guy told me as well, I am not entitled to anything...etc...and the only way I can get information is through court...I told him that that is what has to happen for me to pay them...he threatened my credit, my future saying that I won't be able to have anything, etc....
Then he told me "See you in court" and hung up

Please can somebody help me??

All I want is information on the account!!! I am not paying somebody over 700.00 on a 300.00 credit limit card!! Especially if I don't know what it is!!!

Please HELP!!

Fanpatty
lilburn, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2008 06:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aspire-Credit-CardMidland-Financial/San-Diego-California/Aspire-Credit-Card-Midland-Financial-Unprofessional-San-Diego-California-353916. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aspire Credit Card/Midland Financial