Complaint Review: Aspire Visa And Midland Funding

• Submitted: Sun, October 14, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, November 02, 2007

• Reported By:Bradenton Florida
Aspire Visa And Midland Funding
7765 SW67th Ave Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Aspire Visa And Midland Funding This Company is Criminal they took me to court and then dimissed it Miami Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Be Careful!! I went through this too. It might not be over.

I had filed Bankruptcy in 2002. I got an Aspire Visa with a $300.00 credit limit.They were putting all these charges on it and I called to have then close it and they would not let me. I even told them I wanted to pay it off. Several times I was told No.Well needless to say I didn't know what to do.Well 3 weeks ago I had a Sheriff at my door serving me with a summons from midland Funding.

I showed up for my court date and a mediator and an Attorney tried to get me to settle this huge amount that Aspire Visa was trying to get $1500.00 from me on a $300.00 credit limit. I told them No I was not going to settle so they made another court date 2 weeks later.Well to my surprise I get a Voluntary Dismissal from MIdland Funding.

So if anyone out there is being sued by this company do not settle. Go to court .They do not expect you to and they know they are doing something wrong or they wouldn't Voluntarily Dismiss the case. Something should be done to prevent these people from preying on people that are down on their luck. I just wish someone would investigate this company and shut them down.

Mhessinger
Bradenton, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2007 07:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aspire-Visa-And-Midland-Funding/Miami-Florida-33173/Aspire-Visa-And-Midland-Funding-This-Company-is-Criminal-they-took-me-to-court-and-then-di-278711. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aspire Visa And Midland Funding

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Be Careful!! I went through this too. It might not be over.

AUTHOR: Anna - (U.S.A.)

I hope this isn't the case with your experience but I had to tell you just in case. I went through this same thing in 2005. I had a deputy show up at my door (on my wedding day!). I fought with them, they dropped the case. Now 2 years later it has reappeared on my credit report. I called the attorney's office that had sued for Midland Credit Management/Aspire Visa. The woman was extremely rude and told me that I still owed the money even though they decided not to sue me. I told her that proved to me that they couldn't verify the debt or else they would have went through with the lawsuit. I really hope it is over for you, just would advise you to make sure. I am now spending countless hours on this and who knows when it will all be over. Good Luck