notable

• Updated: Wed, July 31, 2013

• Reported By: Willie C. Scott — Hastings Florida
Aspire Visa
Georiga Atlanta, Georgia USA

Aspire Visa This is a Credit Card account that has been long close. I have not heard from this company in a number of years. This collection agency that has a toll free telephone of 888-959-8878 is calling my telephone harassing me that I owe Aspire Visa $2000.00. I remember having a credit card with this company but I have never owed them the amount of 2000.00. At the most I did not owe no more than $800.00 and less than $500.00. The account number is: *************6730. Please give me a direct number to Aspire Visa to straighten this out Thank you Atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: Sounds like this debt is outside the statute of limitations

Aspire Visa

Re:  Account #*************6730

About 10 years ago I have forgotten the exact date.  This Collection Agency is contacting me after these many years.  This agency started back in contacting me from a toll free telephone number:  888-959-8878.  This person claim I owe Aspire Visa over $2000.00.  I dispute this amount.  First off it was to my recollection that this account was close because the last time I talk with Aspire Visa Customer Service; I explain to them that I was unemployed and I do not have any extra income period.  Aspire Visa told me they will write it off as a loss.  They did not tell me that I would still have to pay my balance.  As I have stated I do not owe $2000.00.  If I remember correctly my balance was between $800.00 -$500.00.  Please have Aspire Visa contact me for the purpose of resolving this problem.  If you have any questions please contact at:  (((phone number redacted)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2013 05:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aspire-Visa/Atlanta-Georgia-30314/Aspire-Visa-This-is-a-Credit-Card-account-that-has-been-long-close-I-have-not-heard-from-1071884. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aspire Visa

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Sounds like this debt is outside the statute of limitations

AUTHOR: AMA35 - ()

I forgot what state you were in but check your states collection time limits. I am in Texas and it is four years here. Most of the south it is six years. But other states have different time frames. Sounds like there isn't anything the company can do as the debt is so old. You must have good credit or else they wouldn't bother. Before they even buy the debt they check the persons credit to gauge the likelihood that the person will pay. Bad debt stays floating out there forever but that's why states have statutes of limitations. I have so much old debt that the companies can never collect on as it has all rolled off my credit report and it is "time barred" meaning they can't even file a judgement.

Go to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureaus website. They now have enforcement powers against bad collection agencies. It is the Federal Governments new agency created by President Obama and those guys mean business. A complaint doesn't take but about 5 minutes to file. They also have letters to send to collection agencies to stop them from contacting you.

Good Luck.