Complaint Review: Aspire Visa

• Submitted: Mon, October 29, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, November 01, 2007

• Reported By:Prairieville Louisiana
Aspire Visa
www.aspirevisa.com Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Aspire Visa Fraudulent Charges Atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: Aspire stinks

I subscribed to this card when my luck was down, and now, even when my credit score has improved, Aspire Visa is bringing my score back down.
When i first received the card over 2 1/2 years ago, i had a $300.00 limit.
I was able to buy fuel for my vechicle on 3 occasions using approx. $30.00 per fill up. I sent in monthly payments of $35.00 per month which is what the minium payment was. Shortly thereafter, when i tried to use the card, the magnetic stripe on the back would not scan on any charge machines. I requested a new card for replacement and my limit went up to $1000.00.
I tried using the new card and found out that the card had a freeze on it because it was over the limit and has remained there for the remaining 2 years. Every time i try and call to find out how it was over the limit, they replied that it was because i was using my card to much and not paying monthly to bring the balance down. The late fees and over limit fees were more than i was paying.
I send the payment via bill pay through my bank and is sent at least 2 weeks before the due date.
When i ask about this, i am informed that they can not tell me what is happening, but i need to make my monthly payments on time and not to go over my limit or these charges will continue to be added.
I made an $80.00 payment on 10-19-07 and was current at this point and by 10-26 i was over the limit by over $300.00.
I called and ask why it went over the limit and they have a freeze on the account. I was told that the finance charge and over the limit fee made it exceed the credit limit.
They have poor customer support and you can not even understand them.
They can not answer any questions you have and they tell you you need to call another number to get payment arrangements.
They rip people off and charge frauduelent charges on your account.

Charles
Prairieville, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2007 04:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aspire-Visa/Atlanta-Georgia-30348/Aspire-Visa-Fraudulent-Charges-Atlanta-Georgia-281703. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aspire Visa

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Aspire stinks

AUTHOR: Tim - (U.S.A.)

Wow! I always knew Aspire stunk. I continuously get offers from them for a card with a $300 limit (yeah, my credit stinks about as bad as their card). When you read the fine print, you find out that, as soon as you get the card, it already has $179.00 in various fees on it, and the credit actually extended is about $120.00.

It sounds like they're really running you through the ringer. I'm not sure what your recourse would be, or if you even have any. I would advise seeking an attorney, but I understand that doing so may be too expensive for you.

My personal advice would be to send them a letter asking them to cancel out the account, stop adding fees and what not, and let you pay the existing balance as soon as possible. If I were you, I would tell them that you are considering filing Chapter 7, and that you may be able to avoid doing so if they can settle with you for a fair amount.

Best of luck!