Complaint Review: Aspire Visa

• Submitted: Sun, December 28, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, December 28, 2008

• Reported By:Waldorf Maryland
Aspire Visa
www.aspirecard.com Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Aspire Visa Told me my account was not closing, then closed it 30 days later Atlanta Georgia

In November 2008 I contacted customer service about my Aspire Visa card, as I knew of plans to close some accounts. They had already closed my mothers Aspire account and sent a letter that arrived after it had already closed.

In December 2008 Aspire Visa sent me a new card to replace mine that expires on Jan 31, 2009.
The new card expires Jan 31, 2011.

On December 20th I spoke with Customer Service about making another payment to free up available credit in January to pay my online bills. I was advised I could make a payment on Dec 24th to make $100 available on my account to pay my bills due in January.

After the payment went through, my account was credited - but was told I had no credit available. I found this out via a notice from MSN - not Aspire.

Aspire insisted that they were very very sorry that I did not get a notice, and sorry that their own customer reps apparently did not know that the account was closed on Dec 10th - with the final charges being allowed on Dec 24th.

Upset w aspirevisa
Waldorf, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2008 09:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aspire-Visa/Atlanta-Georgia/Aspire-Visa-Told-me-my-account-was-not-closing-then-closed-it-30-days-later-Atlanta-Georg-405620. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aspire Visa