Complaint Review: Aspire Visa

• Submitted: Wed, March 08, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, April 30, 2006

• Reported By:South Bend Indiana
Aspire Visa
P.o Box 23007 Columbus, Georgia U.S.A.

Aspire Visa ripoff Charging late fee because mail was "lost" Columbus Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: As far as mailing statements...

*Author of original report: Answer to consumer suggestion

*Consumer Suggestion: Aspire credit card ..any info you can share with me

I was lucky and dumped these clowns. I even got a balance mailed back. They rarely send statements, they hold payments til late fees kick in and then blame the post office. If yoy continue to deal with these folks, just grin and bear it unless you get pay them off. I attempted to get something going with the Indiana Att'y general's office, but there was nothing they can do. You can't prove mail WAS received unless you send it registered. On the other hand, you DO know when you are supposed to get a statement, so keep the address for them handy because you are going to have to use your own envelope. For a new statement it's going to cost you $5.00. Just send the stupid payment registered mail when it's due. I paid very early and still got hit. I went ahead and did check by phone and paid them off. Coincidently they cashed my mailed in payment the next day. That's how I ended up with a credit from them. YES I got a check from them LOL. It didn't even bounce. I also closed the account when I did check by phone, and loved telling them why I was closing it when they were stupid enough to ask why.

Joseph
South Bend, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2006 07:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aspire-Visa/Columbus-Georgia-31902/Aspire-Visa-ripoff-Charging-late-fee-because-mail-was-lost-Columbus-Georgia-180109. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aspire Visa

#1 Consumer Suggestion

As far as mailing statements...

AUTHOR: Marcus - (U.S.A.)

Know that statement mailings are opt-in. You have to ask them to send you a statement. This is, I believe, outlined in the Terms and Conditions. Otherwise they probably won't do it.

Answer to consumer suggestion

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

Holly,

Actually no I haven't sent for my credit report so I don't know what has been reported, however a couple of mortgage companies were trying to get me to refinance and I came close to closing but changed my mind at the last minute. I don't believe any damamge was done.

They had done the check and all seemed normal.

Aspire never came up.

Hope this helps.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Aspire credit card ..any info you can share with me

AUTHOR: Holly - (U.S.A.)

Hello Joseph, Since paying off and closing your account with Aspire have you sent for your credit report? If so,did they report accurately and did it reflect that you payed your account in full and that you,yourself, closed the account? Thanks for any info you can share with me.