Complaint Review: Asplundh Tree Expert Co.

• Submitted: Sat, August 07, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, November 17, 2012

• Reported By: Minnie — Yardley Pennsylvania United States of America
Asplundh Tree Expert Co.
7942 S. Madison St. Burr Ridge, Illinois United States of America

Asplundh Tree Expert Co. 25 Years of Aggravation Burr Ridge, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: WHY WOULD YOU FEEL OBLIGATED??

*UPDATE Employee: Irate in I L

*Consumer Comment: Alspundh Tree Rippers

*Consumer Comment: Why?

I have lived in my house for almost 25 years. The local electric company employs Asplundh to trim the trees around the power lines. Every time the trucks show up on my street my blood pressure rises. In my first experience with Asplundh one of the men on the crew vomited on my driveway and left it there. Someone also used a small protected area of my back yard as a latrine, supplying his own toilet tissue. When I called to complain someone told me it was probably a dog. Using toilet tissue. In the intervening years they have hacked up my trees, broke the lattice out of my rose arbor, and stamped all over my perennial beds. I'm not unreasonable and I know the trees need to be trimmed but must it look like Hannibal and his elephants have just come through my yard? They always seem to show up just when things are about to bloom and then they tramp all over the gardens and crush everything just when it should look the best.

My experience last week turned out better than most although not satisfactory. As usual, the crew couldn't speak enough English to understand me when I talked to them about what they were going to do. I told them I wanted the trees removed as stated on the agreement I signed a few weeks earlier. Everyone nodded and smiled and I thought they understood. When I got home from work that night there was a small mountain of logs, some 18 in. in diameter and 30 inches long, green wood that will need to be cut, dried and split to be of any use to anyone. I couldn't begin to lift any of it, let alone split it. It was in front of my pile of real firewood so if I needed to use that I couldn't get to it. When I called I was told that I had agreed to let them leave the wood there. Why would I do that? It's as much use to me as if they had left a junk automobile back there. Big, ugly and unmoveable.

At least this time someone who spoke English responded to my complaint and yesterday they cut the wood into shorter lengths and moved it to where it won't be in my way. It's still too heavy for me and useless but at least I don't have to look at it all the time. Apparently when you sign a form that says "remove trees" Asplundh interprets that as merely "move trees". I'm tired of dealing with Asplundh's crews that don't speak English and know nothing about tree trimming and I'm tired of cleaning up after them. I'm pretty much of a pacifist but my experiences with Asplundh has made me rethink the possibility of buying a firearm.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2010 12:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asplundh-Tree-Expert-Co/Burr-Ridge-Illinois-60527/Asplundh-Tree-Expert-Co-25-Years-of-Aggravation-Burr-Ridge-Illinois-629699. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asplundh Tree Expert Co.

WHY WOULD YOU FEEL OBLIGATED??

AUTHOR: Sherry - (USA)

Well Mr. Asplundh rep. here you are again.  The Asplundh workers only left the wood in his yard because it was worthless.  My yard had only Oak wood that goes for $200-$250 per cord.  Yep! they stole it because it was Oak. Hmmmm!
We know you are not in the business of making anyone happy......but try this.  Do professional trimming job for once, don't steal, and give your workers a port-o-potty to go to the bathroom in instead of my neighbors hedge or garage.  That you are obligated to do.

Irate in I L

AUTHOR: Dot1 - (United States of America)

Hello. I feel obligated to apologize for the fact that the homeowner in IL is unhappy. That said , this is an example of never making some people happy. Sherry posts her comment complaining Asplundh "stole" her thousands of pounds of wood and our guy here complaining it was left. Hmmmmmm

Alspundh Tree Rippers

AUTHOR: Sherry - (U.S.A.)

These green card or illegals don't care about you or your yard.  All they want is the US Dollar so they can buy beer at the local convenience store where I see them lined up on payday.   They use the bathroom anywhere they want  because they are SLAVE LABOR and have no breaks or place to go to the bathroom.  They also have no real skills.  Call the police when they show up, take videos with your cell phone or camera the entire time.  I was at work when they showed up to tear up my yard and trees the last time but that will never happen again. I now have a camera mounted and aimed at the street that records every single day to a remote recorder. If there is a hint that they will be trimming trees in the area I will call my brother in law chief of police and we will be waiting. I also have the INS on speed dial.  If there is a speck of damage to my property I will take the video to court and SUE the hell out of Asplundh.  My oak trees are 100 years old and they stole all the thousands of pounds of firewood from them.   Hire some skilled Americans you cheap b*stards.

Why?

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

Why do you want a firearm?