Complaint Review: Aspnational

• Updated: Wed, May 27, 2009

• Reported By:Harvey Illinois
Aspnational
aspnational.com Internet U.S.A.

Aspnational, Asphealthcare, Govios Requested that I pay them 39.95 for a background check or work at generating them at least 4 leads before I could begain as a sales rep Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Wrong!!

*UPDATE Employee: Invalid Information/Complaint

It appears that this a complete scam, at first I responded to an ad on Career-Builder for sales reps, and I was directed to a link that requested a resume, Finally a week later I was contacted by a Walter, who stated that I had to send them $39.95/ before I could begin work as a sales rep, or work at securing at least 4 leads. before I would be considered a sales rep. Of couse I did not agree to that, and I was then set up for an hour long training session by phone, again (long distance $$) before, I could go forward.

After hanging up Walter then called back to say that I should say to any managers who might call that I was already set up by him. If GoVios is legitimate, and I hope that it is, this pattern of charging people for a "background check", and some of the other practices of people like Walter, will cost them, as word will certainly get around that they are working with scammers (Asp) I would certainly like to hear from GoVios, if they are legitimate, It would seem that they could do well with Professional sales people like myself, and not have to depend upon the tactics that ASP uses

Anonymous
Harvey, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2009 10:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aspnational/internet/Aspnational-Asphealthcare-Govios-Requested-that-I-pay-them-3995-for-a-background-check-417223. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aspnational

Wrong!!

AUTHOR: Julie1963 - (U.S.A.)

I have been working for ASP in personnel for over a month now. Yes, I paid the $39 for the pre employment screening and I HOPE any business I call has done the same with their employees. I want to be sure my information is secure. Why should any company pay for a screening for any random person who thinks they want a job, and when they decide they are too lazy to do it, the company gets stuck with the bill? I have worked for other work from home companies also and never had a problem. The school system charges their employees a fee for their backround check and drug test, is the school system a scam??
ASP is an excellent company to work for. They offer ongoing support, training and weekly paychecks (for those who work) .
I also purchased the Dental/Optical and Cell Phone Plan. The dental is cheaper than my insurance and the cell phone gives me 500 minutes free each and every month with a great phone!
I cannot say enough good things about it, and those who do, are misguided or confused.
I am happily working and getting paid.

Invalid Information/Complaint

AUTHOR: HR Associate - (U.S.A.)

If you are a business professional, then you must be aware of the rising number of people being victimized by identity theft and fraud related crimes within large companies. ASP holds their employee's to the highest possible standards. We require that all new employees completes a pre-employment screening prior to coming into the sales or human resource division, simply because you are give a great deal of access to financial information of the client or private information of the applicant. This is a REQUIREMENT of the company, just as if you were applying for a job with the local school district.

In today's economy we want to give all applicants the option to work, so we began to allow people to come into an entry-level position with out having to complete this screening. After showing your dedication to the company, we will absorb the cost of the screening. After the screening has been completed and passed, based on the recommendations of the assigned Manager, you will be eligible to promote.

To address your concern of having to call into a conference call for training; we are a telecommute company. It is a requirement that you use your telephone to work with us from home. Calling into an hour long training to a "long-distance" telephone number is nothing compared to the amount of inbound/outbound long-distance calls you would be receiving/making. If this was a concern for you, the recruiter should not have offered you a position anyway.

ASP is a very legitimate company. I enjoy working from home a great deal. I have never experienced any problems with my paycheck or anything of that nature. In today's economy, a company that offers a great product at a great price as well as jobs, should be recognized as an outstanding opportunity.