Complaint Review: Asset Acceptance - Bally Total Fitness

• Submitted: Mon, July 28, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, July 28, 2008

• Reported By:Downey California
Asset Acceptance - Bally Total Fitness
Bally 12074 Lakewood Blvd Downey, California U.S.A.

Asset Acceptance - Bally Total Fitness Complete Misrepresentation Fraud Crooked LIARS Downey California

*Consumer Comment: RE:

The debt suggested from Bally Total Fitness is absurd.
I was active with Bally less than one month. I told them many times I was finished with my time with them. Ballys continually avoided my inquiry; when I would call they put me on hold until I got a busy signal. One month active with Bally has now costed me $2,679.60.
When I originally went to Ballys, I told the sales rep that I just wanted to try out Ballys. He guided me through the steps and what to sign, stating that he would tell me what the contract stated. He knew that I did not want even one year with them because I was moving out of the area before then, and he never stated that he was in fact trying to sign me up for a three year deal.

The Rep pointed to every single place I was to sign, he misrepresented what it said, rather than what was written. I started to read, and he insisted that it was too much to read, he wanted to hurry up and get me started. He pretended to help me out by speeding up the process, but in fact was committing fraud. And lied to the customer.

Because the claimed debt was obtained by fraud, I am not liable for it.

Matthew
Downey, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2008 01:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asset-Acceptance-Bally-Total-Fitness/Downey-California-90242/Asset-Acceptance-Bally-Total-Fitness-Complete-Misrepresentation-Fraud-Crooked-LIARS-Down-356562. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asset Acceptance - Bally Total Fitness

RE:

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

...Salespeople are often under extreme pressue to meet sales quotas and will tell you anything to get you to sign multi-year contracts.

Nevertheless, it's your responsibility to read a contract before you sign for it. Your failure to read it first does not constitute fraud on the health club's part. Chalk this up as a lesson learned....ALWAYS read first before you sign any contract....If you don't understand the terms, hire an attorney to go over the contract.