Complaint Review: Asset Acceptance Corp

• Submitted: Wed, February 25, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, February 25, 2009

• Reported By:Arlington Texas
Asset Acceptance Corp
28405 VanDyke Ave Warren, Michigan U.S.A.

Asset Acceptance Corp AAC reported an account dated 6/2004 on my CBR in July 2008 Warren Michigan

*Consumer Comment: THEY BREAK FEDERAL LAW REGULARLY

Asset Acceptance Corp reported an account on my CBR in July 2008 and the account is dated 6/2004. I have no idea what this account is.

I assumed it was a Dell account from the description on my CBR. So, this made me go into research mode, because I knew I had paid Dell in full.

I pulled my old paperwork from Dell showing a $0 balance and I also went another step further and contacted Dell Financial Services to make sure they had the same information.

Dell Customer Service verified the account was paid in full and she also gave me a reference number for the update to the CBR, that she volunteered to do for me. She also verified that the account number on my CBR is not one of theirs.

I have no idea where AAC obtained this account number or the amout, they have ruined my perfect credit score. I am now unable to even get cable services, because they reported this account as a collection account.

I am in the process of trying to get this removed with the CBR and AAC, this is rediculous and I can't see why something can't be done to them.

They should be made remove items like this from everyone else and myself and hit with some big financial penalties. I have one better, how about shut them down for good.

Maskrider
Arlington, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2009 07:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asset-Acceptance-Corp/Warren-Michigan-48093/Asset-Acceptance-Corp-AAC-reported-an-account-dated-62004-on-my-CBR-in-July-2008-Warren-M-428218. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asset Acceptance Corp

THEY BREAK FEDERAL LAW REGULARLY

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

instead of JUST complaining about it

go to www.budhibbs.com and learn how to fight back against this illegal action by this bottomfeeder.

Read dealing with Collectors 101 (you have to scroll down to it)

This is what is posted about this collection agency on the budhibbs website
Asset Acceptance Corp. (AAC) is a publicly traded company. (Nasdaq: AACC) They purchase old portfolios of mostly worthless charged-off accounts for pennies on the dollar. Once owned, they appear to inflate the value of the portfolio, send out dunning notices and try to collect at a ridiculous profit.

Don't be surprised if you notice the date of last activity on your credit report, as stated by AAC is WRONG! Deliberately changing the date of last activity is a way to scam consumers into thinking they are entitled to money they would not legally be allowed to collect.

This is standard procedure for them -- from "re-aging" the debt on the credit history, to suing on what is probably a statute of limitations claim, to reneging on a written promise.

Watch out for the mystery $50-$75 payment you didn't' make that magically revives the account. When pressed, they claim to do an investigation and "discover" that they made a "clerical error" and mistakenly posted someone else's payment to your account.

NOTHING this 'House of Cons' does should be believed or taken at face value. They have proven over and over they are liars and thieves!

Under federal law, the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) an account may ONLY stay on a credit report for seven years. One of the cons being used by Asset Acceptance is to claim you made a $50 payment, which would have re-started that clock. Unfortunately this is a 'bogus-claim' by AAC, is illegal and violates your rights.

Asset Acceptance Corp has earned the distinction of one of "AMERICA'S WORST COLLECTION AGENCIES". They lie, steal, cheat, misrepresent, file bogus claims, create phony documents and commit perjury in the court system JUST to increase their bottom line.

CAUTION: I recommend you NEVER disclose your bank account or credit card information to a debt collector, as you risk them emptying your account, or maxing out your credit card. If you feel they are reporting on your credit bureau files in error or need assistance in dealing with them, email the details w/your location. Assistance and referral to a consumer legal specialist may be available.