Complaint Review: Asset Acceptance LLC - Premium Asset Recovery

• Submitted: Fri, February 19, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, February 19, 2010

• Reported By: Jen — Asbury Park New Jersey U.S.A.
Asset Acceptance LLC - Premium Asset Recovery
350 Jim Moran Blvd Ste 210 Deerfield Beach, Florida United States of America
  • Phone: 240-210-7093
  • Web:
  • Category:

Asset Acceptance LLC - Premium Asset Recovery Graceland Watch Your Back with these crooks - Don't deal with them Deerfield Beach, Florida

I get a letter in the mail from this company 2/1/10 referencing a hospital bill dating back to 9/06.  I know I had been to the hospital once, I don't remember exactly when but it was workers compensation.

I call PARC the day the letter is received and tell them this must be the workers comp bill and tried to give them employer info, comp carrier info, and the attorney who handled the claim.  The claim rep talked over top of me claiming that I signed some contract absolving the employer/insurance from paying.  This is ludicrous.

I asked why it took over 4 years to send a bill.  PARC ignored the question and asked for my credit or debit card info.  I told them this was workers comp and I needed to find out why the insurance did not pay.  Then the woman lays down the gauntlet and threatens my perfect credit unless I give her my bank account info.

I request an itemized bill, a copy of the contract I signed, and informed her that under workers comp it is illegal for PARC to even send a bill let alone threaten me.  The response "All you deadbeats yell workers comp to get out of paying your bills".  She also threatened to have me "locked up at work" and threatened a wage garnishment on roughly $200.

I call the hospital only to learn that it was sold to PARC and they have no itmeized bills or records pertaining to me.  I tried the former employer and learned they went out of business.  I tracked down the insurance carrier and learned that all the comp bills were paid in full.  They said when I get an itemized to forward it on and they will handle it.  The insurance beleives either the hospital failed to write off the reasonable/customary, or they added a service and didn't rebill since it is such a small amount.

I send a certified return receipt letter to the Nancy Shearer, the complaint person on record at the Better Business Bureau.  I formally request all documentation pertaining to the bill, the copy of the contracts I allegedly signed, and a Universal credit correction form amongst other pieces of documentation to prove they are legitimately entitled to collect the money.  In this letter I say NO CALLS, IN WRITING ONLY because of the abusive language and unprofessional conduct of their firm.

In the interim I get a number of automated calls where PARC Identifies themselves as Gas Waste, Telemarketing Services, and Graceland.  They called a third party claiming to be a former co-worker who hasn't been able to "track me down" to phish for personal information.

In response to the certified letter, I get a copy of an itemized bill alone in an envelope.  The address on the envelope is a PO Box in Warren, MI and it is hand written with my name/address.  It looked like junk mail or a scam.  I wasn't too far off because the enclosed hospital bill they are trying to collect was for a young man who was rushed unconscious to the hospital with a drug overdose.  The responsible party and insured, was not me.  The address on the bill for the insured is one I never lived at, in a town I never lived in.  There is no affiliation between me and the bill, yet PARC tries to shake me down for the money using deceptive practices.

I sent a second letter telling them to cease all communication because this is not my bill and have pulled credit reports.

If I owed the money, I would pay it but I won't have my credit penalized for 7 years with date of last activity being the date of last payment on a bill the hospital never told me about.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2010 06:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asset-Acceptance-LLC-Premium-Asset-Recovery/Deerfield-Beach-Florida-/Asset-Acceptance-LLC-Premium-Asset-Recovery-Graceland-Watch-Your-Back-with-these-crooks-571746. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asset Acceptance LLC - Premium Asset Recovery