Complaint Review: Asset Acceptance LLC

• Submitted: Mon, October 20, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, October 21, 2008

• Reported By:Columbus Ohio
Asset Acceptance LLC
P.O Box 318037 Cleveland, Ohio U.S.A.

Asset Acceptance LLC Consumer Fraud, MalPractice, Un-Justice, Debt Collector Agency Cleveland Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Drake, this is exactly why you NEVER speak to a third party debt collector!

*Consumer Comment: help

I received a letter from Asset Acceptance and phone called from Asset Acceptance about what I owed from a credit card that was about $1000 three years ago. I agreed to make monthly payments, and at the I was still a student and only working part time job. Well, about 6 months later I couldn't make anymore payments because I couldn't afford it.

About 3 months later I received a court order from Asset Acceptance for something around $3,000 included was interest rates, court cost, attorney fees. I don't know what to do about legal stuff and I didn't know who to consult about such matter and I was only giving a short time frame to dispute. They ended up garnishing from my part time job 25% for about a year and a half, so they ended taking from me $4,900.

About 4-5 months later, after the garnishing stopped and they collected more money than what I originally owed, I received another letter from the court from Asset Acceptance that I still owe a balance of $153.00.

I don't know how they reopened this case or how they come up with more money to take from me. As a consumer I don't really know how to stop companies that practice this un-justice, and unfair practices. Asset Acceptance is a misleading, unfair, scamming collection agency that find ways to make money by practicing deceitful measures against those that are easy victims or those that aren't fully educated on how to deal with legal issues.

Columbus, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2008 02:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asset-Acceptance-LLC/Cleveland-Ohio-44131/Asset-Acceptance-LLC-Consumer-Fraud-MalPractice-Un-Justice-Debt-Collector-Agency-Clevel-383023. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asset Acceptance LLC

Drake, this is exactly why you NEVER speak to a third party debt collector!

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

This is a classic csae of what happens when you speak to a third party debt collector. You unknowingly give them little bits of information they can use against you. Then they intimidate you into making even a small payment which legally affirms the "debt".

And, think about it. How did they know where you worked? You had to tell them. That is the ONLY way they could find out.

Before someone can legally garnish your pay, they MUST first sue you, and win. Then they must file for the garnishment order with the court.

Were you ever sued? This means you would have been served a summons for a court date. Did you ever get this PRIOR to the garnishment?

You need to go to the clerk of court in your jurisdiction and get every piece of paper filed in this case. Pay special attention to the "proof of service". I bet it has an invalid address on it if it ever was "served".

NEVER speak to any bottomfeeder on the phone!!

See my many other posts and responses on dealing with these fools, paying special attention to my post on Fred Hanna, and how I dealt with that fool!

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

go to www.budhibbs.com
He has great information for you with a contact list of attorneys
Asset is one of the worst third party collection agencies
Time to get your money back
Go get em and get paid!!!!