• Report: #452060

• Submitted: Thu, May 14, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, May 17, 2009

• Reported By:charlotte North Carolina
Asset Acceptance LLC
P.O Box 318037 Cleveland, Ohio U.S.A.

Asset Acceptance LLC THIS COMPANY ARE NOTHING BUT THEIVES AND THEY ARE SCAMING PEOPLE LEFT AND RIGHT!!!!!! Cleveland Ohio

*Consumer Comment: LOOK AT THIS TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION

i current live in NC and i am originaly fron NY. a letter that said it was from NYC civil court came to my mothers house in NY for me from asset acceptance llc saying that a jugement was granted and they were going to garnish my wadges from my job i had before i left NY. they sare saying that i owed the money for ballys fitness ( a gym ) i joind when i was 22 and i am now 28 i canceled the membership within the first 30 days so it was no penalty and now they want me to pay $3,456 for a membership that i canceled years ago. further more i received a letter to my home in nc addressed to the owner or land lord of my townhouse. the letter said its a subpena and it was asking for my job number my ssn and other extremly personal information. i threw the letter out, my mother back in ny said they call her house every day and harrass her and then just yesturday she called me and said that they sent a garnishment paper to my old job and the job sent a lettter to my mothers home saying effective 5/7/09 the garnishment will take effect. i have not worked at that job in over a year so something is not right. how can i be sued for money i dont owe for services that were never rendered since i went to the gym 1 time and cancelled 5 days after i joined and i had 30 days to cancel my contract.

Empressneftali
charlotte, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2009 10:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asset-Acceptance-LLC/Cleveland-Ohio-44131/Asset-Acceptance-LLC-THIS-COMPANY-ARE-NOTHING-BUT-THEIVES-AND-THEY-ARE-SCAMING-PEOPLE-LEFT-452060. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asset Acceptance LLC

LOOK AT THIS TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

First look up on the internet the statue of limitations many states are 4 to 6 years. This company will try to get you to pay on cards over ten yrs old, and here is what you do to get them off you.

FIRST write the FTC and mae a complaint I DID and then I wrote the ATTORNEY GENERAL in Asset ADDRESS. I did and they disappeared like a flash of lightning. You can do it and dont worry.
Mark