Complaint Review: Asset Acceptance LLC

• Submitted: Tue, August 05, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, August 05, 2008

• Reported By:Port St Lucie Florida
Asset Acceptance LLC
customerservice@assetacceptance.com Warren, Michigan U.S.A.

Asset Acceptance LLC Nineteen year old bill plus company out of business tears ago Warren Michigan

I recieved a bill from Asset Acceptance LLC trying to collect on a nineteen year old bill. The store has been out of business for years. They can not produce a bill, what was purchased or a signature from me since I had a credit card from the store which they claim is Uptons. It was very first credit card. The total is $635.99. Nineteen years ago this was alot of merchandise and get this it's a womans store and I am a man, never been married and no children. The most I would have purchased would have been a polo shirt or a pair of shorts. If I bought anything at all, because they don't even have the name of the store correct.
My credit limit on my first card was not even this high. So I don't know where they are getting there information which they can not produce. I feel they are trying to ruin my perfect credit and credit score. Something has to be done about these people.

Port St Lucie, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2008 07:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asset-Acceptance-LLC/Warren-Michigan-48090-2036/Asset-Acceptance-LLC-Nineteen-year-old-bill-plus-company-out-of-business-tears-ago-Warren-359652. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asset Acceptance LLC