Complaint Review: Asset Acceptance, LLC

• Updated: Wed, July 30, 2014

• Reported By: SLS63 — Columbus Ohio
Asset Acceptance, LLC
PO Box 2084 Warren, Ohio USA

Asset Acceptance, LLC Asset Acceptance has reported "Cancellation of Debt" to IRS Warren Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Asset Acceptance, LLC

I received a notice in the mail today from the IRS stating that Asset Acceptance, LLC has reported to them that they paid, or "cancelled" a debt in my name in the amount of $5,471.00!  As a result, the IRS says I now owe tax on that paid debt because they count that amount as income.

After reading all of the complaints online about Asset Acceptance, LLC, I feel that this may be some type of scam.  I'm especially concerned because I don't believe I owe that amount of debt to anyone.

The IRS wants me to pay them over a thousand dollars in less than a month!  I'm going to continue my research to find out if there's some way to dispute this claim because I don't owe it and I definitely can't pay it!   The IRS has also been charging interest on the "owed" amount for the past few months and today is the first time I've heard anything about it.

I am so frustrated right now!  Has this kind of thing happened to anyone else?  Ideas or suggestions or just moral support would be nice right now.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2014 03:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asset-Acceptance-LLC/Warren-Ohio-43228/Asset-Acceptance-LLC-Asset-Acceptance-has-reported-Cancellation-of-Debt-to-IRS-Warren-1166223. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asset Acceptance, LLC

Asset Acceptance, LLC

AUTHOR: lamisma - ()

My Dad is going through the same thing with the IRS and this company Asset Acceptance, LLC. This company is claming that they cancelled/paid my dads debt of 18,000. The IRS is chaging my dad 8,000. Any information that you found of can be helpful will be much apreciated. I'll look into it somemore too.