Complaint Review: Asset Acceptance - Providian

• Submitted: Wed, April 22, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, April 22, 2009

• Reported By:North Tonawanda New York
Asset Acceptance - Providian
PO Box 2036; 201 Mission Street Warren, Michigan U.S.A.

Asset Acceptance - Providian Excessive Interest and Unfair Settlement Offers Warren Michigan

In 2007 I was Issued a credit card from Providian with a credit allowance of under $500.00. Because of changes in my job and added medical expenses I was unable to make regular payments.

My account balance increased greatly due to added interest and my account was sold to Asset Acceptance LLC. I was contacted by Asset Acceptance by letter and by phone and I was offered a settlement. I was told that i could either pay the whole amount owed, which far exceeded the original amount, or agree to make regular monthly payments for 6 months. I agreed to pay $100.00 a month for 6 months.

After 6 months I was offered another settlement which also exceeded the original amount and I was told that if i could not make that payment I must make the $100.00 a month payments for another 6 months and another settlement would be offered to me at that time.

I have paid over $1000.00 on this account; $900.00 in the last 9 months. This is far more then I ever charged even with added interest.

Asset Acceptance is ripping me off

North Tonawanda, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2009 07:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asset-Acceptance-Providian/Warren-Michigan-48090/Asset-Acceptance-Providian-Excessive-Interest-and-Unfair-Settlement-Offers-Warren-Michig-445737. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asset Acceptance - Providian