Complaint Review: Asset Acce[tance, LLC

• Submitted: Wed, August 13, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, August 13, 2008

• Reported By:Beech Grove Indiana
Asset Acce[tance, LLC
P.o. Box 2039 Warren, Michigan U.S.A.

Asset Acceptance, LLC "Our Pleasure to welcome you as a new customer" LOL Warren Michigan

I received a letter yesterday regarding a "supposedly" past due account. After reading the letter and not recognizing who the creditor was, since the name had changed several times, I called the toll free number to get information.

Finding out that the creditor was a local phone company, I asked for documentation for the bill. The woman I was speaking to said they had purchased this debt and they were not obiligated to have any documentation.

Basically I told her that I was not obilgated to pay something they couldn't explain to me. The telephone number was one I had had at some point, but not at the address she told me.

To top it all off, she stated the account had been opened in 1984, omg I have continued to have service for over 25 years in the same city with the same phone company, other than a few name changes of the company.

Don't let these people bully you into paying them or giving them your banking or credit card information.

Usually if you start asking them questions about their documentation or if the are registered in your state with the attorney general's office they will back off.

Lil
Beech Grove, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2008 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asset-Accetance-LLC/Warren-Michigan-48090/Asset-Acceptance-LLC-Our-Pleasure-to-welcome-you-as-a-new-customer-LOL-Warren-Michigan-362458. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asset Acce[tance, LLC