Complaint Review: Asset Care Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, October 15, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, October 23, 2008

• Reported By:Scottsboro Alabama
Asset Care Inc.
PO BOX 15379- DEP 17 Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

Asset Care Inc. I'm receiving harrassing phone calls to a wrong number! Wilmington Delaware

*Consumer Comment: Don't believe it

*Author of original report: Asset Care Inc. update

*Author of original report: They answered me!

For over a year I have been receiving daily phone calls from Asset Care Inc., on my cell phone. When I answer, I receive a recorded message saying they are attempting to collect a debt, and giving a phone number to call. When I miss the call, I receive a voice mail that is similar in content.

I believe that I am receiving these calls in error for the following reasons:

I do not knowingly have any outstanding debts.
I have never given my cell phone number to a creditor.

At the beginning, I attempted to call the number, but was left on hold forever. I realized this was futile, so I no longer try to rectify the situation this way.
To add insult to injury, my cell phone is a pay-as-you-go phone, which means that each of these nuisance wrong-number calls costs me money! I am also unable to block the incoming number.

I've complained to the FTC, FCC and my state's attorney general. So far I've only heard back from FCC, telling me they're the wrong agency to contact. FTC's website says they don't respond to individual complaints, just maintain a database for law enforcement agencies to determine whether action is warranted.

The obvious solution is to contact Asset Care directly, which I'm reluctant to do because as of now they only have my cell phone number, not my name or address. Am I being paranoid? So I'm pretty frustrated.

Martha
Scottsboro, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2008 09:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asset-Care-Inc/Wilmington-Delaware-19850/Asset-Care-Inc-Im-receiving-harrassing-phone-calls-to-a-wrong-number-Wilmington-Delawar-381397. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asset Care Inc.

Don't believe it

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

They are a collection agency - they will lie - does not matter who you speak to
NEVER TRUST A COLLECTION AGENCY TO THE RIGHT THING!

www.budhibbs.com - lots of useful information

Add this company and your story to his site for others

Asset Care Inc. update

AUTHOR: Martha - (U.S.A.)

Sorry, I didn't see the "update report" button and filed my update as a new report. Hope the Webmaster can find it and put it in the proper place.

They answered me!

AUTHOR: Martha - (U.S.A.)

I grew increasingly frustrated after filing my initial report with RipoffReport.com; so I spent some time online doing additional research. Finally via a Washington DC Better Business Bureau website, I found an email address for someone in the legal department of Asset Care Inc., and relayed my tale of woe.

To my amazement, I actually got a reply and a letter saying that my cell phone number was removed from the account they were trying to collect from. No apology for the inconvenience and expense, but heyI am satisfied that the harrassment has come to an end.

For anyone else with problems with Asset Care Inc., here are the name and contact info of the person who signed my letter: Sharon A. Wander; Compliance Supervisor; Asset Care Inc.; 400 Lakeside Dr., Suite 130; Horsham, PA 19044; 866-266-2595.