Complaint Review: Asset Recovery Associates

• Submitted: Thu, October 02, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, October 15, 2008

• Reported By:Aurora Colorado
Asset Recovery Associates
Po Box 4009 Schaumburg, Illinois U.S.A.

Asset Recovery Associates Fraudulant Company preying on victims, threatening negative credit reporting Schaumburg Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Asset Recovery Associates of Schaumburg, Illinois

I received a letter from Asset Recovery Associates (ARA), stating I owed $544.10 to them for an account on Just Ladies /Colorado Fitness Account. I have never even heard of "Just Ladies" fitness, so I called ARA to discuss. A "Mr Green" got on the phone after an initial hold, he was very fast talking, trying to verify my address and social security number, of which I told him he obviously had the info, thus my letter... what an idiot. At anyrate, he told me he could settle my account outside of court for $308.58.

After telling him repeadily that I didn't know of any gym called "Just Ladies". He asked if I was every married and suggested my exhusband may have signed me up or stolen my social security number. He had no info to give me about when the membership was signed up for, stating he didn't have access to that "type" of information. All the while, he kept trying to get me to settle "out of court" for the lesser amount, he said the call was being recorded and said if I didn't pay him today, he would put negative information on my credit report today!

He was a bully for sure, I told him he could take me to court, and for all I know his company ARA was a fraud, he gave me his name and direct phone number to "prove" they were a valid company. "Mr Green"? He could have been more creative than that! Thank goodness for this site, I found someone else had been a victim of their crime. I immediately put a fraud alert and lock on all three of my credit reports with each company. Great advice. Now I think I'll call Tom Martino!

A
Aurora, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2008 11:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asset-Recovery-Associates/Schaumburg-Illinois-60168-4009/Asset-Recovery-Associates-Fraudulant-Company-preying-on-victims-threatening-negative-cred-377910. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asset Recovery Associates

Asset Recovery Associates of Schaumburg, Illinois

AUTHOR: Peter - (U.S.A.)

The Schaumburg, Illinois-based company, Asset Recovery Associates, should not be confused with other companies named Asset Recovery Associates located in other parts of the United States. There are many similar sounding companies that are in no way associated with the Schaumburg, Illinois company.

reaching