Complaint Review: Assetcare Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, May 20, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, May 20, 2008

• Reported By:Douglas Alaska
Assetcare Inc.
Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

Assetcare Inc. is a fraud and you should avoid all notifications from them Norcross Georgia

I was contacted by this company with an official looking letter that said I owed 800 dollars on a bill for AT@T. It listed my old telephone and in my maiden name that I had 11 years ago. But it said the dates for the charges were for online services that were between 2007 and 2008. I have not had that service or used ATand T ever that I know of.

So I called AT@T and they did not recognize the number and said that I did not owe them any money. They even checked archives for old bills.

I know this is happening to more and more people. They are figuring that some folks will just pay it. Some of the elderly are vulnerable to these con artists.
I know if they ever dare bother me again I will get a lawyer. Even though it is expensive for a lawyer and they would charge several hundred at least they would know someone out there is on to there schemes.

The statute of limitations is 6 years in Alaska and ten in some states but these fools keep thinking that somehow they can eek money out of people.

I sent them a letter, and told them I did not owe them a thing ,and to never bother me again.
Which legally they can't.
Mary Jane from Alaska

Mary jane
Douglas, Alaska
United States Minor Outlying Islands

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2008 07:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Assetcare-Inc/Norcross-Georgia/Assetcare-Inc-is-a-fraud-and-you-should-avoid-all-notifications-from-them-Norcross-Georgi-333878. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Assetcare Inc.