Complaint Review: Associated Pawn Brokers

• Updated: Thu, December 27, 2012

• Reported By: Anonymous — Airville Pennsylvania United States of America
Associated Pawn Brokers
1851 Pulaski Highway Edgewood, Maryland United States of America

Associated Pawn Brokers Legal Thieves, and rip off artist is what this pawn shop is made of Edgewood, Maryland

I would not pawn any items at this place.  They are thieves.  My husband pawned a 4 wheeler, that is valued at 7,000.00.  Due to hard times, we had no choice but to accept their 1,000.00 that they gave for it.  We were due to get it out on the 26th of December, however, due to a snow/ice storm we were unable to make it.  My husband got in an accident heading there, and called.  Charlotte was the nastiest person we have ever dealt with in customer service, and told him "too bad, we are here, so you should be too."  My husband is very kind to people in general and tried to explain that he was trying to get there but needing his truck to pick it up, to please allow him to come as soon as they opened in the morning.  Jaime told him that he would try to help him, but when he went this morning, Charlotte once again showed how rude and nasty people can be and refused to help him.  We tried to pay the cost over the phone last night with a credit card, asked them if my father-in-law could come pay for it, and they would not allow any options, other then my husband to make it there in person before closing last night.  But due to the ditch he was in, he had no way to get there.  I have since called the Harford County Sheriffs office who said they have a record, and have been called on quite a bit in the past.  I spoke to Charlotte, asking for the owner's name, and once again was shot down, told that they were not releasing any names.  We will be taking them to court, and Channel 5 News is taking our story as well, but I want to make sure that no one allows this company to steal their property again.  If hard times hit your family, PLEASE go to a place that has good customer service, and deal with a pawn shop that has a grace period.  After speaking to several other Pawn shops, this Associated Pawn Brokers should be shut down based solely on poor customer service.  They do not even have the title to this 4 wheeler, but I was told by the police that they will just report lost title, and be able to get one...So sad, that a business ran such as this is open in the state of MD.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2012 09:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Associated-Pawn-Brokers/Edgewood-Maryland-21040/Associated-Pawn-Brokers-Legal-Thieves-and-rip-off-artist-is-what-this-pawn-shop-is-made-987576. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Associated Pawn Brokers