Complaint Review: Associates Citi Bank

• Submitted: Tue, October 09, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, October 09, 2007

• Reported By:Chesapeake Virginia
Associates Citi Bank
PO Box 6003 Hagerstown,, Maryland U.S.A.

Associates Citi Bank, RIPOFF Hagerstown, Maryland

I opened a credit card up with Associates which is part of Citi bank back in 1999. I ended up closing the card and giving a settlement for the card because of an ex-husband with a gambling problem. The card company took the settlement payment. I never heard from them again even after I have requested many times for a pay off letter. Now they can't find me in the system nor give me a pay off letter.

Now it is 2007, and purchasing my new home in less then 5 days. Two months ago I sent them another payment of 385 which is what they said I still owe them and requested another letter. (I paid this amount just to get them out of my hair. I know stupid) Anyhow it is now down to 5 days and if I cant or my loan officers can't get a hold of them. my loan might be declined due to a 385 payment that they have received and cashed. This is twice I have paid this amount.

I just wish they would stop ripping off people and give them the fair letter so people can have a nice house or car. The people are trying to pay off the settelment but these people suck and do not help. All they give is an address on the credit report with no contact information. How is someone to fix this mess when they give no information.

Roxy
Chesapeake, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2007 06:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Associates-Citi-Bank/Hagerstown-Maryland-21747/Associates-Citi-Bank-RIPOFF-Hagerstown-Maryland-277874. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Associates Citi Bank