Complaint Review: Association For Lifestyle Reform - Premier Health Care

• Submitted: Wed, May 27, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, February 04, 2010

• Reported By:Saint Paul Minnesota
Association For Lifestyle Reform - Premier Health Care
P.O. Box 1606 ONTARIO, California U.S.A.

Association For Lifestyle Reform - Premier Health Care Scam Alert, Signed up for Premier Health Care but was sent ALR card which is not heatlh care insurance ONTARIO California

*UPDATE Employee: Client was refunded

*Consumer Comment: Thoughts from the Teacher...

*Consumer Comment: Thoughts from the Teacher...

* : Need more info on Member to help resolve your issue

* : More information needed to help resolve your issues

*Author of original report: Premier Health Sent a "Health Benefit" packet from ATA

I was faxed an information sheet for affordable health care. I called the phone number 800-242-1922 and information was provide about Premier Health Care. I gave them my banking information and they explained that the cost was $125 membership fee + $199 per month on 4-12-09. They would send me a confirmation email and an a packet of information. The fee was withdrawn and 2 weeks later I recieve a packet from ALR. It explained it was not health insurance, which is what I paid for. I thought it was some mistake and filed it.

I contacted Premier Health Care 5-4-09 who had changed their phone number(888-490-5742) and told them my packet did not arrive. They said it would come shortly. This never happened. I called them back 5-16-09, I was waiting to go to a doctor. I asked them about ALR and they said this was the plan I was paying for. What happend to Premier?

On 5-21-09 I recieved a call from a Peter Walsh from Pinnacle Health Solutions 800-242-6130. He said he would cancel ALR and signed me up for Pinnacle which is through AETNA and waive the $125 membership fee. Sounded good. But still the fee for ALR was taken out in May, plus another $324.00 from People's Healthcare 888-937-5742.
I have paid $847.00 for health care within 2 months and believe I have been scamed.

I am faxing ALR a request to cancel (they may charge me a fee of $35 in the fine print). I am canceling Pinnacle also.Is there any recource for this false advertising?

Kathy
Saint Paul, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2009 04:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Association-For-Lifestyle-Reform-Premier-Health-Care/ONTARIO-California-91762/Association-For-Lifestyle-Reform-Premier-Health-Care-Scam-Alert-Signed-up-for-Premier-H-455646. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Association For Lifestyle Reform - Premier Health Care

Client was refunded

AUTHOR: Strophic - (United States of America)

Client was refunded

Thoughts from the Teacher...

AUTHOR: P. Michaels - (United States of America)

Maybe it is because I am a Teacher but I find these postings to be that of a misguided student...

I have recently enrolled in the Association for Lifestyle Reform and find that most of what I've read posted on this site is false OR frankly the result of consumers who are not paying attention to what you purchasing and trying to blame someone else for it.

Frankly, I find it rather sad that so many Americans are not taking the time to research what it is you are paying for or enrolling your family's into.  You should stop blaming others and stop being so quick to throw out the words "SCAM" and "FRAUD" in order to cover up the fact you did not pay attention or read the information sent to you.

Be adults, point the finger at yourself and take responsibility for products you purchased.

When I spoke to a representative of the Association for Lifestyle Reform, I made sure to ask the right questions about their services to make sure my money was paying for what I want.  The young lady I spoke with was helpful, informative and very professional.  I took the time to read through ALL the material I was mailed to make sure I understand everything.

Maybe you should all do the same instead of using this site to show you did not do your homework.  Just a thought...

P. Michaels

Satisfied Consumer

Thoughts from the Teacher...

AUTHOR: P. Michaels - (United States of America)

Maybe it is because I'm a Teacher but I find these postings to be that of a misguided student...

P. Michaels

Satisfied Consumer

#4

Need more info on Member to help resolve your issue

AUTHOR: ALR Customer Service - (USA)

Please contact ALR customer service at (877) 378-9240 so that we can get more information from you to help resolve your complaint.  We cannot locate info on a Kathy in your city/state listed.

Premier Health Care was an outside marketing company that ALR received enrollments from and by reviewing your complaint, you definitely had a negative experience with this particular marketing company... not ALR itself.

For your information, ALR has recently terminated our affiliation with this marketing firm.

It also sounds as though Premier Health Care may have sent your informtion for enrollment to ALR as well as another company?

In any case, ALR does not permit/condone misrepresentation of benefits or any illegal marketing practice and will investigate and terminate any marketing entity that does not comply with our policy.  And as I stated above, ALR no longer has any affiliation with the marketing firm that you dealt with.

If we can be of any further service to you, please contact us at your earliest convenience.

Management

#5

More information needed to help resolve your issues

AUTHOR: Customer assurance - (U.S.A.)

We at the Association for Lifestyle Reform (ALR) sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced in your attempt to gather health plan and other membership information. We strive to provide the highest quality customer care possible and take negative feedback such as yours very seriously. Unfortunately, we have been unable to locate your information so that we may help you. If customers have any questions about ALRs membership benefits prior to purchasing a membership, they should review benefit information and FAQs on our Web site: www.ALRAssociation.org. We would greatly appreciate it if you would contact us so that we may help you resolve any open issue you may currently have that needs addressing. If you have any further questions or would like to discuss this, please call ALRs Fraud Investigation Division by calling 1-877-378-9237, or email us at CustomerService@alrassociation.org. Your reference number is MSPR 25.

Premier Health Sent a "Health Benefit" packet from ATA

AUTHOR: J saint paul - (U.S.A.)

The rep from Premier Health said a welcome packet from Pinnacle would arrive but received one from ATA, American Trade Association. It says you get a discount when you go to a Doctor.