Complaint Review: Assurance Wireless

• Updated: Thu, July 12, 2012

• Reported By: David — Lawrence Kansas United States of America
Assurance Wireless
Parsippany, NJ 07054 Internet, Pennsylvania United States of America

Assurance Wireless I ordered a phone from Assurance March 2012. Phone never showed. Have submitted six orders for a replacement phone. No phone has ever been sent. Internet, Pennsylvania

In March, I submitted an order for a free phone from Assurance Wireless. I have food stamps and qualify for a free phone. Assurance said in early April they shipped my phone, gave me a tracking number. I looked it up the tracking number they gave me on the Fed-X website. It showed my phone as having been shipped and received. I never received my phone. I called Assurance and told them that my phone had not arrived and I considered it lost now since it had been about a month since I had ordered.

The customer service person who helped me apologized that there had been a problem and acted like he was submitting a new order for a phone. After I called this time, I figured that a new phone would be on the way. A week or two passed. NO PHONE. I called again. I got some woman on the line and I told her that my first phone had been lost and that I had called and had a customer service agent there send me a second phone. The woman that I talked to told me that the customer service agent was NOT authorized to ship me a second phone and that there was no phone order for me.

She transfered me to another department and this time, a third time, I submitted yet ANOTHER order for a phone. After I got off of the phone this time, I thought that MAYBE they would send one. More time passed, about two more weeks, and NO PHONE. I called again and this time I got some customer service person who gave me a tracking number. When I checked the number IT WAS THE TRACKNG NUMBER FOR THE FIRST PHONE THAT HAD GOTTEN LOST! I had to call now a fourth time and found out that there was STILL NO PHONE ORDER FOR ME. I was furious!

After a few days, I thought that I would try to do this again, thinking that maybe sooner or later they would get it right.

On my fifth call, I had a new address that I had moved to. I called and re-submitted an order for a phone and gave them my new address. This time, like all of the rest, the customer service person took my order and assured me that I would have my new replacement phone sent to my new address in a few business days. Days and days passed. I called again and checked my order status only to find that AGAIN NO PHONE HAD BEEN ORDERED!!! and they didn't even have my new address anywhere in the system either!!

After this, I gave up on trying to get a phone from Assurance for some time since I had been getting nothing but incompetence from them.

I called again a few weeks ago and submitted, by now, my sixth, order for a new phone. I explained to the customer service person that I had been trying to get a phone from them since March and how each time I called, I got a customer service person who acted like they were helping me, only to find out later, there still was no replacement phone showing having been orderd.  The customer service agent apologized and told me that my address may have been the problem. He read back my new address and some of it was missing.

I had this customer service person order me a phone. He took all of my information like all of the others did and assured me, like the other customer service people did that I would have a new phone in a few days. He read back my new address and like the others had it right. I waited about 2 weeks, called again and STILL NO REPLACEMENT PHONE HAD BEEN ORDERED and when I had the customer service person read back my new address, they STILL DIDN'T HAVE THAT RIGHT EITHER!!!

I submitted yet another order about 10 days ago, and called back yesterday and checked and YES, STILL NO REPLACEMENT PHONE WAS ORDERED AND THEY STILL DIDN'T  HAVE MY ADDRESS RIGHT despite the fact that the last customer service person had corrected it and read it back to me correctly.

In my opinion this is some kind of criminal outfit. I am going to report them to the BBB or FTC or whoever will listen. Even though they didn't take any money from me. It is now my opinion that Assurance Wireless never had any intention of sending me a phone and all of the "HELP" I have been getting has just been a staged show to get rid of me. I apologize for the lengthy letter, but this has been going on now 4 months and counting.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2012 11:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Assurance-Wireless/Internet-Pennsylvania-07054/Assurance-Wireless-I-ordered-a-phone-from-Assurance-March-2012-Phone-never-showed-Have-911059. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Assurance Wireless