Complaint Review: Assurance Wireless

• Updated: Tue, October 09, 2012

• Reported By: JDTX — Texas United States of America
Assurance Wireless
P.O. Box 7600 Mattoon, Illinois United States of America

Assurance Wireless THIS COMPANY IS RIPPING OFF THE US TAX PAYERS AND GOVERMENT!!! Mattoon, Illinois

I signed up for Assurance Wireless and received my phone on 9-22-12. I couldn't activate it without the approval letter. I received the letter on 9-24-12. I could never activate my phone. They had to do it manually.
I never could get a signal and I stayed on my landlords phone most of two weeks trying to get it to work. Then I found out from Virgin Mobile that their tower had been down for weeks. They told me it would be up on the 28th then it became the 30th.
On 10-01-2012 I called again and they told me it wouldn't be up until the 5th. Assurance Wireless told me they would call me when the tower was fixed and never did. I called Virgin Mobile back on the 6th and they said the tower had been fixed on the 3rd but I still wasn't getting any signal. They decided there was a problem with the phone and sent out a replacement. I received it today and still had the same problem. They finally told me today that they had real weak and spotty coverage in my area and I couldn't use the phones and to send them back which I have done. I called Assurance Wireless to cancle the account and they got upset because they told me to keep one of the phones or give it to a friend so they could keep charging whoever for my service.

This is a slap in the face to the tax payers. Assurance Wireless and Virgin Mobile are getting rich off of people they know cannot use their service. It's ashamed that these companies take advantage of people that really need a phone incase of an emergency. I have contacted several federal agencies today, but none have called me back on this issue.

I would not recommend these companies to anyone. It's like someone today reminded me that if it sounds to good to be true it probably is. No one is going to give you anything for free and if they do it's going to end up being a big hassle.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2012 06:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Assurance-Wireless/Mattoon-Illinois-61938-9953/Assurance-Wireless-THIS-COMPANY-IS-RIPPING-OFF-THE-US-TAX-PAYERS-AND-GOVERMENT-Mattoon-953046. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Assurance Wireless