Complaint Review: Assurance Wireless

• Updated: Fri, March 02, 2012

• Reported By: skip — Eastover North Carolina United States of America
Assurance Wireless
Parsippany, New Jersey United States of America

Assurance Wireless Sent required info,Was turned down.Faxed info to another state still no answer,yet they send me aprox 15 apps a mo. Parsippany, New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: Entitlement

*Author of original report: I paid taxes over 30 yrs

*Consumer Comment: Scared if the "Eye"

*Consumer Comment: I would have guessed "Eye" was Charls, but....

*Consumer Comment: Stacey is so mean

*Consumer Comment: HUH????

Their service is a lie,they collect very personal info on poor and Disabled people.I have filed complaints with the FCC in Wash and the State Attorney Generals office in N.C. When I went to a Virgin Wireless store and asked about their relationship,I was asked to leave the store.I filed at least 10 web reports nobody ever returned contact.They still continue to send me applications each month,they also include 3 or 4 extra for my friends.The Federal Government should shut them down.They are just stealing Tax money from the Government.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2012 09:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Assurance-Wireless/Parsippany-New-Jersey-07054-0686/Assurance-Wireless-Sent-required-infoWas-turned-downFaxed-info-to-another-state-still-n-844723. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Assurance Wireless

Entitlement

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

First off let me say that I really have no issue with people who truly need some sort of "lifeline" phone service for a LAND-LINE phone.  I am also not saying anything about your financial situation.  The issue is the "entitlement" mentality where you feel that somehow you are owed a Cellular Phone.  Not only that but getting upset that they seem to at least want to confirm your true need by collecting various information.

You say you need to keep in contact with doctors...okay totally understandable.  But if you are sick or injured enough that you need immediate contact with a doctor, perhaps you should be home where you can use your land-line and not "out and about" needing a cell phone.

I paid taxes over 30 yrs

AUTHOR: skip - (United States of America)

When my back was broken I needed a phone to stay in contact with drs. Assurence offers phones to help people who cannot afford them.They are also paid for these phones through a charge they include on everybody who has phone service.

Further I do not recall asking anybody for Free cable,I cannot afford it so I don't have have a tv.

And finally 'Stacey from Dallas' you should walk a mile in someone shoes 'before' you pass judment on them,we grew up being taught 'Judge Not,least yee be judged'. You might want to consider that next time before you stick your two cents into something you know nothing about.

Scared if the "Eye"

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

I don't think so - Grow up.  Calling me mean is your prerogative and I could care less.  Just stating the facts EYE - Thanks Ken.

I would have guessed "Eye" was Charls, but....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

HE spelled Stacey correctly.

The logic is the same, however.

Stacey is so mean

AUTHOR: The Eye - (United States of America)

Stacey is so mean, her and Robert know everything

HUH????

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

Stealing Tax money from the Government???? Taxes are collected by TAX PAYING citizens.  Assurance is for people on Welfare and Medicaid and those people do not pay TAXES! You may qualify for Assurance

From their website:

You may qualify for Assurance Wireless, a Lifeline Assistance Program, if you participate in programs such as food stamps or Medicaid.

FYI - this is a part of the Federal Government.  For the life of me I will never understand what makes a person who does not work, does not pay taxes and does not contribute to society think they have the RIGHT to such luxuries as cell phones, internet and satellite/cable tv.

nodded