Complaint Review: Assurance Wireless

• Reported By: Lemmy — Columbus Ohio United States of America
Assurance Wireless

Assurance Wireless Total mess to obtain a cell phone with this company Internet

*Author of original report: From hell and back with Assurance

After applying for a Assurance Wireless cell phone, I sat and waited and waited for their response. When I would call in and speak with a rep, I was told I would hear something within 7 to 10 business days. The days came and went, nothing, and I would call again.

I would then be told my application was approved and I would receive the phone on a certain date and no later than_. I would sit and wait on that date and surprise, no phone was received.
Again, I would call the company, I would be apologized to by a rep and would be told again that I should receive the phone , in guess what, another 7 to 10 days.

Assurance's website has an area where you can "check your status" for the phone. Are you ready for this? You have to have your approval letter in order to "check your status". Am I missing something here? If I have an approval letter, why would I need to check the status of my phone. Duh!

I FINALLY received the phone and the approval letter came a day later. Sit, down for this one! When I tried to active the phone, the phone give an error that the service (to activate) is not available.

My friends, if you are in need of a phone, save your pennies and purchase any kind of a phone, even a tin can and a string, OTHER THAN WAITING FOR AN ASSURANCE PHONE. This has got to be and still is , the most frustrating ordeal I think I have ever been through. Absolutely PATHETIC!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2012 06:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Assurance-Wireless/internet/Assurance-Wireless-Total-mess-to-obtain-a-cell-phone-with-this-company-Internet-988752. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Assurance Wireless

From hell and back with Assurance

AUTHOR: Lemmy - (United States of America)

Hello everyone. Are you ready for this update? After my previous posting below, let me tell you what has been happening.  As I said, I finally received my Assurance phone last Friday, December 28,2012. Today is Monday, December 31st. With this phone, I am to have 250 minutes of talk and 250 minutes of texting. All I have done after getting the phone is to put a few contact numbers in and by using the automatic system on the phone, trying to get my voicemail set up. There have been NO outgoing calls made and none have been received.

As I was using the automated system this morning, I heard a beep on my phone. When I looked at the screen, it said I was "OUT OF AIR TIME AND TO TOP UP THE PHONE". Are you kidding me? I mean really, are you kidding me?
I have never, ever been so sickened or frustrated in my life as I have with the Assurance Company.