Complaint Review: Assurance Wireless

• Submitted: Tue, August 16, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, August 16, 2011

• Reported By: Alicia — Lexington North Carolina United States of America
Assurance Wireless

Assurance Wireless Virgin Mobile/ Assurance Fraulent Activity Internet, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Switch over

Currently, I am an active customer with Assurance Wireless/ subsidiary of Virgin Mobile. I have been approved for a year and recertified in 2011 for service this year.

I called Assurance Wireless to request permission to swap my phone. I was gifted a Virgin Mobile Optimus V. I was approved to due so. I placed the Optimus V on my Assurance Wireless lifeline. I noticed my phone had a Trojan that had been downloaded from Android Market. My account was hacked and when ever I would place money on the account in order to access the internet or sent text messages. Top-up cards range from $10 and up. I would Top-up and my account would be wiped clean in seconds.

I reported this information to Assurance Wireless for months and they totally gave me the run around. My account has been cancelled and I am unable to reactivate service due to my reports of fradulent activity on my phone. My computer has been hacked, and I have been receiving harrassing call from telemarketers, emails from a unknown source has sent out emails to my contacts unknown to me.

All of this due to swapping my phone for an Optimus V, which clearly we could do swap phone is clearly listed on the website. No particular phones were listed for Assurance Wireless Service, and I noted I called to receive clearance prior to activation. I called to activate the Optimus, used it for several months.

When I reported fradulent activity they stated the phone is not compatible with the service. BUT, I was on the service for several month, before my account was wiped clean in seconds, and I made may first report to Assurance Wireless/ and Virgin Mobile. It was noted the account was sent to corporate to get rid of me and I never heard back. And my account was closed. I am still currently certified for the government service (cell phone low-income).

Thanks

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2011 05:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Assurance-Wireless/internet/Assurance-Wireless-Virgin-Mobile-Assurance-Fraulent-Activity-Internet-Internet-766038. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Assurance Wireless

Switch over

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

to one of the other "lifeline" cell service providers.